Chapter 17- Ear-Piercing Screams

Chapter 17- Ear-Piercing Screams

Brook's P.O.V.

I woke up in the middle of the night from a horrid nightmare. But once i realize where i am, it was all real. I grunt so loud that i think someone can hear, but then i again i remind myself that no one will. And no one will find me unless Liam is still alive after the war. My eyes widened. 

The war. Did it start yet?! I quickly stood myself up, and moved over to the window. Everything was calm. It seems so weird though. I mean, if those West Land Vampires weren't that far wouldn't you think that they would be here.I kept thinking, until a thought ran through my head. What if they are fighting somewhere else? 

Well wouldn't it be all around here though since they were coming here? I didn't want to think about the war anymore, and wanted to get it off my head. So i headed to the bookcase and lightly pull on the book that said "East Of Secret Castles". Th bookshelf then opened and then revealed the secret room behind it. I walked in and went straight to the book where i had left it yesterday. Again, i gently had to take it in my hands and open it. Otherwise it would stay shut. 

When i opened the book, i was about to get to the page where i left off, but something fell out of it. I put the opened book back on the little circular table, and picked the piece of paper up. It was a letter.  I carefully opened the letter, since i could tell that it was fragile paper. It read: 

"Please note, that if this is not Brooklyn, who is reading this, please don't read this letter any further. Thanks you. 

Dear Brooklyn, 

I knew that you would find this letter soon. And thank Liam, that he had hid you in the right room, or you wouldn't have found this. I no that the war between the West, and East land vampires will happen. And you need to be care full. You never know what could happen. And you don't know this, but i watch over you. I can see you, even though i know that it doesn't seem so pleasant to know that, but i can. I'm not saying that it's a bad thing. But i'm telling you, just watch out for yourself. Because sometimes there could be no light in your bright blue eyes, and you never knew that daylight could be so violent, a revelation in the light of day.You can't choose what stays and what fades away."

I stopped reading for a second. What were those last couple of sentences supposed to mean. "You can't choose what stays and what fades away." Kept repeating in my head. What does she mean by that though? Am i doing something wrong? I continued to read:

"I do know that Liam also loves you. And i'm guessing when you found this place and you read in the book, that a vampire loves forever. Don't be afraid of that. When he first layed eyes on you in the car crash with your parents, he's told me that he found the one. Now, i also know that, you have been around werewolves for quite sometime. Don't fall for Aaron. He'll break your heart. And trust me on this one. Once werewolves spot a better women, then they go for that one."