Never Let Me Go

The blade of the sword pressed to her neck. She looked right at him, her blue eyes filling with tears, her swollen abdomen prominent under her jacket, hands trembling.

"This is not your fault!" She choked out.

"Slade! Let her go! Kill me, kill me," he screamed.

"Oliver no!" The blade bit into her skin causing a flow of crimson blood to run down the ivory column of her neck. He got down on his knees in front of Slade.

"Please, please I'll do anything," he pleaded. "Don't kill her, don't kill our baby. Do what you want with me but don't touch her. She's innocent, she doesn't deserve this."

"So was Shado!" Slade screamed. Felicity cried out as the blade slice her skin deeper. "She didn't deserve what happened to her, but look where she is, a shallow grave on island because you didn't choose her. No, I keep my promises kid. When her body lies at your feet, lifeless and broken. You'll know exactly how I feel!"

"I already know how you feel!" Slade pushes her down and she landed on her knees with a painful crack. Tears roll down his cheeks.

"If only you would have died on that island, then none of this would be happening." The sword comes around to the front of her neck but her eyes never leave his.

"Oliver, do not blame yourself. Please." She chokes on a sob. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to break my promise. Don't hate me."

"Slade! Stop!" He took a step towards him but he only press the blade deeper and yanked on her ponytail. Tears rolled down her cheeks and her eyes closed in pain but she didn't make a sound.

"Don't hate me, don't hate me," she cried softly.

"I could never hate you. Felicity look at me!" She looked up into his eyes. "It's going to be all right." He stared into her eyes begging him to believe him. Slade gives a guttural cry and stabs the sword through her chest and pulls it out. "NO!" It tears from his lips and he cries out her name. Crimson blooms on her chest and she gasps and begins to fall, he catches her and lowers her body to the ground.

"Felicity! It's okay." He presses his hand to the wound trying to staunch the bleeding. The logical part of his mind tells him it's hopeless. She's going to die. "NO!" He screams again. "No,no,no. You're going to be okay. Felicity look at me," Eyes filled with pain lifted to his,her breath came in gasps as she tried to speak. "No don't speak."

"I love you," she choked out. Her eyes begin to close.

"No, don't you dare. Felicity, don't you dare, you promised!"

"I'm sorry," she wheezed. She lifted her hand and wiped one of his tears then laid her palm on his cheek, he leaned into it. "I love you so much. This isn't your fault."

"Don't say that, you're going to be okay. We can get through anything. We made a vow."

Her eyes drifted closed and he shook her.

"We made a vow Felicity!" He shook her harder. "Wake up, wake up!"

Slade drifted away. "It's all your fault kid."

"No! Please! Come back to me." He sobbed as grabbed her face and kiss her still warm lips. "Come back." He laid his head against motionless chest and cried harder. "You can't leave....I love you, I love you, wake up, I love you."

But she stays still in his arms, all signs of life gone. He pulls back to look at her face.

"Open your eyes, please, open your eyes," he begged.