Chapter Thirty-One

[ Nicole ]

As I stood there in a amazement . I never thought this day would come . I knew it was goin to come one of these days just not this soon .

" Well can we come in or not " asked the old woman . 

" Yes ... Yeah come in "

As the two walked in . I couldn't keep my eyes off the lil girl . She was so beautiful . She look just liked her mom , truly a spitting image .

" Have a seat " I said with a warm smile while closing the door . " Is she ok ? "

" Yeah she ok " replied Snake as he put Bestfriend across his shoulder . " I'm go get her together . I will be back "

When Snake walked up the the stair my attention was back to the lil girl .

"How old  is she now " I asked not taking my eyes off her

" I'm seven " the lil girl answered

"Is there some where she could go while I talk to you . ? "The old lady asked

" Sure " I responded

I took the lil girl hand and escorted her to the den . I gave her the remote and told her she could help her self to the snacks . I eyesd her one last time before I left out the room .

I couldn't believe it was her .

When I walked back into the room I saw snake and Bestfriend sitting on the couch .

" You aight G- ball ? "

She just nodded her head .

" Well what are you doing here Jackie ? " I questioned her. Jackie was Bestfriend aunt . The aunt that took in shay .

" It's about that time . " she said admiring the house .

She walked right past me to look in the kitchen . Well damn . She never heard of matters . Who walks around some else house ? She could of played it off and ask to use the bathroom like normal black people do . When they tranna be nosy .

" The TV want come on " said the pretty lil girl entering the room . Her eyes grew big as she stood in the door way .

" Go head . " Jackie said .

The lil girl ran over to Nae and hugged her and started crying . Ronaeh surprising hugged the child back .

" Mommy I missed you so much " cried the lil girl .

Snake and I just watch as Ronaeh hugged her daughter after all these years .

" As you know now . I'm old I'm pushing seventy - seven . Sweet pea you are now twenty-one you can take care of her now . " announced Jackie .

I was happy to finally see my little angel again . This moment in our life . We honestly wasn't ready for a child . We still had a hard time getting up for school . we still had muthafuckas tranna to kill us . We still in that drug thing with Dice . We had alot of weapons around the house . How was we going to get take on responsibility of a child . I say we because Bestfriend is not goin to do this alone . I'd be damn if she do . Now that she was going to here with us . It was time to make big moves to benefit her not us anymore .

" Baby go in the den " I told the Ronaeh daughter

She gave Bestfriend another kiss and ran into the den .

" Aunty Jackie I can't raise her right now . I'm not ready for her . I thought we had agreement when I got done in school and was settled in I could come get her . You know your self what kinda of life style I live . " Ronaeh cried .

" You sound just like your mother . " she chuckled . " I can't take care of her for the rest of her life . She seven she is active then a muthafucka . I only got so long on this earth child . Of course I know what kind of life style you live . You are a mother ! All this here has to come with a stop " she said pointing at the bullet hold in the wall . I meant to go buy a pretty frame to cover that .

" I can't do for Natica like you can . I don't know what she like . What she afraid of . What's her favorite food . What she like to do . I don't know any about mother hood. "

I understood where she was coming from . It's not Bestfriend fault that she was made a mother at such a young age . She was only fourteen when she got pregnant. She was attacked when we was in Forster care . She ended up being pregnant and she didn't wanna keep the baby but she didn't wanna kill it . She refused to give her baby up . So she had Natica Serenity Carter. Aunt Jackie stepped in and offered to take the baby . They both agreed that when Bestfriend was done with school and was settled on with life and was able to take care of Natica she would give her back . Witch is right she is done with school almost less than two months to go . We had couple of houses and we more than money wise ready .

" Nae we got this ! All three of us got this . We can take care of noonie TOGETHER . you not alone . " Snake told Bestfriend

Noonie was her nickname only us three called her . snake came up with that name when she was born .

" He is right . We could spend the weekend with her and then send her with my grandparents " I said .

Lord know my grandparents would love another child . Noonie would come back spoiled then ever .

" I know but she can't stay here . I can't have her around this bullshit " Ronaeh explained

" She not . We can rent a hotel for the weekend " I assured her

" See you have friends to help . Now promise me every summer you send her to me " Jackie said as she made her way to door .

" I promise . " Ronaeh said going towards Jackie .

We all let Jackie out she gave each one of us a warm hug and kiss . She then called noonie in and gave her kisses all over and had a few words with her . We watched as she drove away .

" Wait a minute she didnt leave no clothesbor nothin for the girl " Ronaeh said .

" You know what that mean . " I said looking at Natica

" SHOOPPING " she yelled

" This should be fun . " Snake laughed .

I couldnt believe we was going to be full time parents to this little girl . I was just afraid of that something would happen to her . We live in a cold as world . We live in a world were muthafuckas don't care about killing kids .
I dont think nobody want to unlock that part of crazy in us .

You fucked with her you fucked with us . You fucked with us that was another story lets just say you better pray .