Chapter 29: Callie's Adoption Day!

Jude's POV:

I can't tell you how long I've waited for this day to come. Nothing in the world can stop us now. She's finally getting adopted and the look on Callie's face is priceless as I take a picture of her grinning from ear to ear.

"Jude, stop taking pictures, you've taken like 40 already."

I smirk before snapping another picture and setting the camera down, when I feel arms wrap around my waist from behind, and then a peck upon my cheek.

"Don't you think you've taken enough?" Connor asks me. "We haven't even left to the courthouse yet." He says kissing me on the cheek again.

"You two are disgusting." Callie joked. "I wish I had a boyfriend."

I laugh.

"No, you don't. Focus on yourself right now. You're bout to be adopted in less than two hours. Just relax, sissy."

Callie smirks.

"Don't you two have to go get dressed and leave me alone, you know, in my room."

"Okay, okay. We're leaving." Connor says trying to pull me out of the room.

"I'll be back to take more pictures once I'm done." I say, flashing the camera in my hands.

Mariana laughs, closing her laptop.

"You two deserve your own comedy show."

I stick my tongue out at her as I follow Connor back to my room.

We enter my room and my tux is laying across my bed. I stare at it for a while when Connor's voice snaps me out of my reverie.

"What are you thinking about?" He asks me.

"My adoption day. It was probably one of the hardest yet best days of my life. I just wish Callie had gotten adopted that day as well, then we found out about Robert and that messed everything up. The only thing that made it worth while was that I finally found a family and well, you." I finished.

Connor pulled me into a hug and kissed my forehead.

"I wouldn't have missed it for the world." He says into my ear.

"Your such a sap." I say lovingly.

Connor breaks the hug and walk to the closet and grabs his tux.

"I'll be right back. Gonna go put this thing on." He laughs before heading to the bathroom.

I nod before quickly changing and grabbing the camera I had discarded on my bed. I turn to the mirror and hold up the camera and snap a picture of myself.

"Selfie." I laugh to myself when I hear Connor reenter the room.

"What's so funny?" He giggles.

"I just took a selfie."

Connor smirks before breaking out into a huge grin.

"Let's take one together." He suggests.

I smile as I nod my head and turn back to the mirror as Connor looks himself over. I couldn't help but gape at him through the mirror to which he laughs.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer." He smirks.

I hold the camera up and snap a picture of us through the mirror.

"I didn't mean it literally." Connor laughs loudly wrapping his arms back around my waist.

I smile and hold the camera up again as Connor presses his lips to my cheek and I snap another picture.