Chapter 5: Released

Jude's POV:

Everybody is pretty excited that Mariana is getting out of the hospital today. I'm probably the most excited. Moms just left to go pick her up. Everybody was prepared for her welcome home surprise party. All of our family and friends were here. Some from her dance team too, even Hayley. Although it struck me as odd to why she was here. I guess friendship goes far when it comes to the other persons well-being. I looked down and smiled when i felt familiar arms wrap around my waist from behind. I look up at Connor as he rests his chin on my shoulder.

"How you feeling Juju?"

I smile. That name he gave me gives me butterflies. Everything that has to do with Connor gives me butterflies, and to know he came up with the name on his own is even better. I've been thinking of a name to call him but can't come up with anything.

"I'm happy. Really happy. Its mostly because of you. You're so wonderful to me."

Connor smiles. I love that smile.

"I'm glad to contribute, dork."

"Hey, I am not a dork."

"Yes, you are, but you're my dork."

I smile as i turn around to face him and he lifts my chin and places a kiss upon my lips. I smile against his lips when we hear a throat being cleared. We break apart and see Gram looking down at us and smiling.

"You two are just-Can i get a hug from the Judicorn?" She asks as she brings me in for a hug.

"So when did this happen?"

"We've been dating for two and a half weeks now."

"Well I'm happy for you both. Have fun today." She says as she starts walking away but turns back around. "But not too much fun."

I blush uncontrollably. I turn to look back at Connor as he pulls me forward.

"Now, Where were we?" He says leaning in to kiss me again.

We break apart when we hear the car approaching the driveway and everybody gets in their hiding place.

We hear shuffling in the house before we hear Moms talking to Mariana and bringing her to the backyard.

"SURPRISE!"

Mariana squeals as everybody comes close to her to welcome her home. She sees me and rushes to me.

"Judicorn," she screams as she wraps her arms around me in a big hug. "I'm so glad to see you." She looks at Connor and winks. He winks back.

"Connor!" She says.

"Mariana, great to see you. Are we still on?"

"You know it. We'll start later."

"Start what?" I ask confused.

"You'll find out soon enough." Mariana says as she kisses me on the cheek and walks away.

I look at Connor who's smiling like a Cheshire cat again. I look at him and bite my lip.

"What?" He asks innocently.

"What are you hiding from me?"

"Nothing, Jude."

"Nothing?" I question.

"Nothing!" He clarifies, although that grin never left his face. I decide to let it go. I grab his hand.

"Let's go mingle."

For next couple of hours we enjoy the company of our family and laugh with Mariana as she tries to dance with the dance team. She's still very good but just out of practice. Tia is trying to tell Mariana about the championship competition but she's not paying attention. She's more focused on her boyfriend who just got here. Matt waves at me and i wave back. I look around and notice that Connor is nowhere to be found. Where'd he go? I walk in the house and search the kitchen and dining room. Nothing. I go to the living room and no ones in there. I sratch my head, confused. Where could he be. I decide to go back to the backyard and ask Callie if she's seen him. She says she hasn't since earlier. I pull out my phone and text him.