Chapter 8: Getting Ready! (Part 2)

Connor's POV:

I just left Jude's house and I already miss his smile. I'm in the car with my dad driving home. I get that he's been trying but I want him to really get to know Jude. I want him to see what I see. I want him to realize that this is real. That this is me and I'm not gonna hide it from him anymore.

"Dad." He looks in my direction before turning back towards the road.

"Yeah?" He questions.

"Our date is tomorrow," He looks at me and bites his lip. "I want you to get to know him please." I continue.

We pull up at our house and my dad stops the car and turns towards me.

"How? I'm still not even used to the fact of who you are yet. At least I'm trying."

"Well you're not trying hard enough. Me and Jude have been dating for almost 3 weeks now and not once have I heard you ask how its working out. Thats some trying." I say sarcastically.

"Hey, young man. Watch your tongue. I'm still your father." He barks at me.

"Then act like it." I mumble under my breath.

He glares back at me before getting out the car and slamming the drivers door and stomping into the house.

What am I going to do?

"Jude, what do I have to do to get you to talk to me?" I ask him desperately.

He just looks at me and his eyes are flickering up and down my body like he's trying to figure me out. I look around and try to reach for him but he backs away and then walks past me.

"Jude?" I yell after him. He doesn't even turn around and I slump up against the lockers. Why won't he talk to me?

I head to my class and sit in my seat and notice Jude writing in his notebook. What's he writing?

Our teacher is calling on the students to see whos paying attention. She calls on Jude and he doesn't reply. Not a single word. Maybe its not just me that he's not talking to but I still feel responsible. I should have never told him what my dad said. Maybe he would still talk to me.