Chapter 1: The End Of The Beginning

Jude's POV:

I look up towards Connor and think about all that we've been through in just 2weeks.
Connor kissed me and then it confused us even more. I just want to know where we stand. Are we friends, are we more than that? I just don't know. I also feel guilty that I didn't stop him from going to Taylors. Otherwise he wouldn't be laying here with a cast on his foot.

"Earth to Jude." I look back up at Connor.

"Yeah?"

"Are you okay? You seem out of it!"

"I'm fine. I'm just happy to be here with you, but I was wondering, what are we, cause I'm confused. I know that everything has been crazy but-"

"Jude," Connor cut me off. " I know and I just came out to my dad. I thought you hated labels."

"I do, but don't you think we should put one on whatever this is, just to know where we stand!"

"Okay. Well then, Jude Adams Foster. Will you be my boyfriend?"

"Of course."

I smile up at him, and he bends down a places a soft chaste kiss on my lips. I never thought I could be so happy. We just continued to lay there in peaceful, comforting silence. Connor puts his arm around my waist and pulls me closer to him, and kisses my forehead before turning back to the T.V.
I must not be the only one that's happy. Connor looks ten times happier than I am.

"Why are you just smiling like a Cheshire cat?"

"Because you're here. I've been miserable in this jail cell thinking about you and when I was gonna see you again. I kept telling my Dad I wanted to see you but he didn't budge. What got him to let you in here anyway?"

I look down at my nails and fidgeted. I didn't know whether to tell him that I told Mama about us. Last time things didn't go so well. I didn't want to lose Connor. I had to tell him everything.

"My mom, and my warpaint." I laugh. "Seriously, I told my mom what really happened in the tent. I was crying and your dad said that he didn't want to be shut out of your life because he keeps trying to shut me out of yours. He loves you. He just doesn't understand. He says that all he ever wants is for you to be happy, and mom helped him see that I am what makes you happy. So he let me in."

Connor looked down and slowly a smile crept upon his face.

"You are what makes me happy, and remind me to thank Lena later. I'm glad that you told your mom everything. It shows that what we have is real. That we are indeed more than friends. You're my boyfriend, and I wouldn't have it any other way. You're probably the best thing thats happened to me in my 14 years, other than my birth." He laughs. "But you mean so much to me. I just hope that my dad will get used to that idea of us being together. If he can't, its his problem cause I'm not letting you go!"

A tear slid down my cheek, and Connor reached up and wiped it away. I never knew I meant that much to him, let alone stand up to his dad just to see and be with me. Connor has grown so much since we first met. I remember it like it was yesterday. He was my first friend when I first moved to Anchor Beach. Now here we are 2 years later. We found out who we are and what we really meant to each other. Now we're dating. It means so much to us that we made it this far. We've had our arguments and fights, but we always got through them. I'm so thankful he's still a part of my life.

"How long are you gonna be up in here? I hate hospitals."

Connor laughs and laces our fingers together.

"I get out of here in two days, but sadly, I'm gonna be on crutches for two weeks. I will be in school though. So we'll still see each other everyday."