Chapter 24: It Only Gets Better....

Connor's POV:

Jesus looks utterly surprised at everyone here for his surprise party. He looks as if he could cry.

"I can't believe you guys did all of this for me?"

Stef and Lena approach him and wrap him in a momma sandwich.

"Well you're leaving all the way to Colorado. You deserve this. We are so proud of you."

He smiles up at them and hugs them tighter.

"I love you, Moms."

"We love you too." They both say.

I turn towards Jude to see him with a huge smile on his face. I pull him closer to myself and kiss his forehead.

"You look very happy!" I state.

"I am. I can't even put to words how happy I am at this moment. I have a wonderful family. Amazing siblings. Beautiful and caring Moms, and a boyfriend to die for."

I laugh at him.

"You're such a dork sometimes." I say kissing his forehead again and he smiles up at me.

"You really are to die for considering you literally took a bullet for me."

I cringe at the thought.

"That was over a month ago, but I wouldn't change it for anything. That bullet saved my life. It brought me closer to you and that's all i could've ever wanted, Juju."

He smiles at me and looks back towards Jesus, whose still wrapped in his moms embrace. I smile to myself. I consider this my second family. Stef and Lena are like my moms as well and seeing this family happy makes me twice as happy as long as the boy with the warpaint is standing beside me. Sometimes it scares me how much I love him. I've never felt this way about anyone, not even Daria. Jude is what really makes me happy and I know he's happy with me as well. His smile is to totally die for, everything about him is. What I love most, is how he manages to smile through everything, no matter how bad it may be. He manages to break down barriers within himself and me. He's helped me so much in the short span of 2 years. He's truly incredible.

"Why are you staring at me like that?" Jude asks me, breaking me from my thoughts.

"Like what?" I ask.

"Like I'm the sun that shines, or the stars."

"Cause you are." I say intently, causing him to blush uncontrollably.

"You are too much for me." Jude laughs. "But I love you."

Those words. Those three words make my heart do back flips countless times hearing them come from Jude's mouth.

"Juju, I love you too. Probably more than you can imagine." I grab his hand. "Care to dance with me, boyfriend?"

He laughs as a blush crept up his face and he leads me out into the middle of the backyard where the music is blasting and pulls me closer as we start to dance to our song 'Thinking Out Loud' by Ed Sheeran.

We hear the occasional awws from everyone around us. The song ends and I get a tap on my shoulder. I turn around to see Mariana standing there.

"Connor, do you mind if I steal the Judicorn for a quick dance?"

"No, not at all, he's all yours."

I walk over to the swing and sit down as I watch Mariana dance with Jude and how happy they both look and it brings a smile to my face. I look up to see Callie approaching me and she sits down beside me.