Chapter 13: No Longer A Victim, But A Criminal

Jude's POV:

Emotionally unstable?

They're calling me emotionally unstable. I didn't mean for things to go that far. Now they think I'm a danger to myself and others around me. I cry into my sheets upon my bed, waiting. Waiting for somebody to walk into my room and say that everything will be okay. I get the feeling that its not gonna happen. I put Tyler in a coma. It was out of self-defense, right? Had I not did the right thing in this situation? What was I supposed to do? Was I expected to do nothing. I think back at the horror on everybody's face, including Connor's. I immediately regretted it, but I couldn't change my actions. I tried to reach out for Connor but he recoiled away from me and called the ambulance. I was just trying to protect him. Now it felt like a selfish act. I was taken into police custody. They put me in sn interrogation room and proceeded to ask me absurd questions. I told them what happened and they sent me to a psychiatrist who told my Moms I'm emotionally unstable.

That was two days ago.

I haven't seen nor talked to Connor since the incident. I tried to call but no response. It was like he was ignoring me. I left countless voice messages but still haven't gotten a reply. I needed him at this exact moment, but he was nowhere to be found.

Mama has been telling everyone to give me my space to come to terms with this. How can I? I don't think I'm in the wrong here. Everybody else seems to think I am. It pains me to know that I've brought this on myself somehow. What led me here? What am I supposed to do to make this right?

I hear footsteps coming towards my room and I look up to see Callie standing against the doorframe. She looks tired. Like she hasn't slept in days. I know I haven't. My mind just keeps replaying the incident over and over again. She comes in my room and sits next to me on my bed.

"Are you okay?" She asked placing her hand on my knee.

I scoff and shake my head. I was far from okay.

"Why did you do it?"

I look up at her disbelief crossing my face in an instant.

"Seriously, you can ask me that?" I was protecting myself and Connor. Callie, what was I supposed to do in that moment? Yes I went to a little extreme but I didn't know what else to do." I choke out, trying to hold back tears.

"You could've walked away, Jude."

"I'm sorry, but if I'd walked away things would have only gotten worse afterwards. I think right now, that if I hadn't done it, we would have been in serious danger. Nobody knows the extreme Tyler would go. Each time things got worse. I regret doing it, but im glad I put a stop to it if that makes any sense to you."

She sighs and ruffles my hair and kisses my forehead.

"Have you talked to Connor?"

My heart broke at the mention of his name. He was so distraught in the hospital. He kept crying and crying. After the hospital, nothing. He hadn't talked to me.

"No, he hasn't returned my phone calls or anything."

"What, why not?"

" I don't know. I wish I knew. I feel so bad, but yet It was self-defense. Nobody seems to look at it that way."

Callie rubs my back and I cry into her shoulder.

"What do I do to make this better?"

She coos into my ears and curls her fingers into my hair soothingly.

"Only you can figure that out Jude. I do think that you should give yourself some time to process this. Is there anything that you wanna talk about?"

I shake my head. I didn't want to tell her that my pain goes back to when we were bounced from foster home to foster home. Its much deeper than this. Maybe I did need help from somebody, but I felt the person i needed wasn't there for me at the moment. Where was he? I picked up my phone and check to see if I had any calls or texts. Nothing. I sigh and set it back on my dresser and look back at Callie.

"You're gonna be okay, Jude. Its gonna be alright soon enough."

"I hope so."

"I'll be downstairs if you need me."

I nod as she gets up and starts heading towards the door.

"Callie?"

" Yeah, buddy?"

"Thank you."

"What are big sisters for?"

I smile at her and she walks out the room. I lay back down on my bed and recount everything that's happened in the past 48 hours. I can't believe I did it. I didn't know that I had that in me at all. I get up from my bed and start pacing my bedroom when Mama walks in.

"You OK sweetie?"

"OK as I can be. Have you heard from Connor?"

She shakes her head and I slump back onto my bed and pull at my hair. Mama rushes to my side.

"Its OK, Jude. Its OK. He'll come around. Whatever he's feeling right now, you need to give it time. This isn't easy for anyone."

"I just wish he answered my texts or phone calls."

"He will, just be patient, love."

I smile up at her.

"Thanks Mama."

"I'm here for you. We all are. Well dinner will be ready in 20 minutes. I hope to see you down there at the table, mister."

I smile and nod.

"I love you, baby." She says as she kisses my forehead and gets up.

"I love you too." I say as she walks out.

After twenty minutes I make my way down to the kitchen for dinner. Everyone's eyes shift to me and I grow slightly uncomfortable.

"Judicorn, how do you feel?" Mariana asks me.

"I'm fine." I say forcing a smile.

Everyone nods and I take my seat next to Callie and she squeezes my shoulder reassuringly. j smile up at her and nod my head. Everyone indulges into the usual conversation of how their day went as i stare intently into space. My thoughts are interrupted by a knock on the door.

Mama gets up and goes to answer the door. s
She comes back several moments later.

"Jude, Someone's at the door for you." I glance up at her.

"Who is it?" I ask.

"You might want to see for yourself."

I get up and walk out of the kitchen into the living room to see Connor standing by the door. He rushes to me and engulfs me in a hug.

"I'm so sorry that this happened!" I cry into his shoulder.

He rubs my back and coos into my ear.

"Me too. Its gonna be alright, JuJu."

I sigh and motion over to the couch. We sit and intwine our hands together. I look back up at him.

"Where have you been these past two days?" I ask him.

He puts his head down.

"At home, crying. I didn't want you to see me like that. I couldn't help but think it was all my fault. i shouldn't have suggested we go there. I really didn't think they'd be there. Then everything happened so fast. I got scared. I didn't know what to do, I panicked. What if you didn't want to be with me because I never tried to say anything to anyone until it was too late." He cried into my shoulder.

I wrapped my arms around him and we silently cried together.

------------------------------

A/N:

Hey guys theres chapter 13. I hope you all enjoyed it. It was pretty short. the next Chapter will be much longer dealing with Connor feels about what happened.

Stay Tuned!
Next Chapter will Be Up Monday!
Happy Reading!
-ScorpionKid