Chapter 11: Coming Out!

Jude's POV:

I'm laying in my bed in pain. Going over everything that happened today. I didn't think this would happen. Question after question swarm around my head and I start crying. Physically and emotionally hurt. Why did this have to happen. Did we come out too soon? Was I rushing Connor? Of course not, he insisted that we come out today. We didn't have to. I know you're confused, maybe I should start back from this morning.

I wake up this morning with a feeling that today was not gonna be a good day. I had barely risen out of my bed and I was already irritable. I head into the bathroom and shower to relax my nerves but doesn't work. I head to down to Moms making breakfast. She drops the usual batch of pancakes in front of me and kisses me on the forehead. I just stare ahead. My mind going a mile a minute. After Connor left last night he said that we'd walk into the school together hand in hand. I was actually happy to show everyone that Connor was mine. I'm snapped from my thoughts by Callie.

"Hey buddy, what's wrong?" She asks me.

"Nothing, I'm fine." I lie.

She picks up on it right away.

"Jude, what's going on?"

I start to get up and she grabs my arm and Moms notice the tension between us.

"Jude, talk." Mama says sternly.

"Me and Connor are making our relationship public at school today."

A big smile escapes their faces but fade when I don't seem too happy about it.