Chapter 23: Jesus' Surprise Party

Jude's POV:

Mariana holds out the tuxs in front of us and I take them.

"You didn't answer me, what are these for."

She laughs and smirks at me.

"Do you ever seem to pay attention. Moms are throwing Jesus a going away party tonight. Everybody's gonna be here. We're gonna have a blast."

"Where is Jesus?" Connor asks.

"He's out right now. Its a surprise party. Mom is gonna be distracting him all day today. So this is what you two will be wearing. Moms bought it yesterday. You guys also have to help set up."

I slowly but surely take all this in.

"Well how come nobody said anything about this?" I ask.

Mariana laughs even louder.

"We've been talking about it all week, but you've been all wrapped up and all about Connor!"

Connor laughs beside me and I elbow him roughly.

" Ouch. It isn't my fault you don't pay attention unless it involves me."

I turn around and glare at him.

"Don't flatter yourself." I say smirking.

Connor pulls me into himself and I turn towards him and he lifts my chin up.

"But you love me though." He says leaning down and kissing me gently. I smile into the kiss until we hear an squealing sound come from Mariana.

"You two are too cute. Now go put these in your room, Judicorn and come downstairs to help set up.

I nod and Connor releases me and we head into my room and put the tuxs into my closet before heading downstairs.

We enter the kitchen and Mama, Mariana, Callie and Brandon are standing around the kitchen table with decorations all over it.

"What do you need our help with?" Connor asks.

"Well im glad your here to help, Connor. You and Jude can help Mariana and Callie set up decorations in the backyard."

"What's Brandon gonna be doing?" I ask.

"I have a practice with the band. Someone's Little Sister is gonna be performing. Its the last time I'll play with them before they leave on tour and I go to Idyllwild."

I nod.

Mariana and Callie start grabbing decorations and head out to the backyard before glancing back at me and Connor.

"Grab the rest of those will you?"

We start grabbing the decorations and start making our way to the backyard.

We start setting up decorations all over the backyard. Moms had bought a huge banner that stretched across the backyard with wrestling dudes on it that read "Congratulations Jesus!" across the front in bold blue and black letters. There was a disco ball that hung from the ceiling of the roof. The tables were covered with blue and black table covers with 'Congratulations' written across them. Moms had ordered Chinese food to be served throughout the night since it was Jesus' favorite. Dessert was apple pie with ice cream as well as a huge cake that was to be made by me and Connor. After decorating we were gonna go make it. It would be chocolate with strawberries in the middle.

After finishing setting up decorations, me and Connor head back into the kitchen to start preparing the cake.

"Where's the cake mix? Can you check the pantry! There should be three boxes." I say to Connor.