Chapter 15

Chapter 15
I woke up the next morning groggy and irritable. The rest of the morning didn’t exactly help my mood either. First I rolled over and fell out of bed - good thing my floor is carpeted! Secondly I went to have a shower only to find that my family had used up all of the hot water, but on the plus side they had let me sleep in...

Thirdly someone had eaten my stash of cookies from the cupboard whilst I was in hospital- the nasty buggers! They were my favourites as well! Grumbling, I threw the empty packet into the bin before making myself some toast and settling in front of the tv with a duvet. 

Nothing good was on and I was in too bad a mood to watch the romance films on the movie channel. I browsed through the TV recordings before frowling in annoyance. Whilst I'd been in hospital I’d missed the last 4 episodes of my favourite TV show, and no one had recorded them for me. Actually, they'd also deleted my older recordings, replaced by football and CSI. Such wonderful family I have! I sighed and switched the TV onto a random channel and mindlessly watched whatever show was on.

But the worst part of the day had to be when Daniel came round and dragged me out of the house.

I hadn’t exactly been having a great day so far, but when my older brother opened the front door for Daniel and let him in I decided to be positive and thought ‘Hey, at least I can spend the rest of the day with my Mate, and we can just pig out and watch movies’, but no. One look at me curled up on the couch watching an old episode of Vampire Diaries and Daniel ordered me upstairs to change before he marched me out to his car, strapped me in and took off.

When we pulled up in the mall parking lot I thought maybe Daniel was taking me out to get more cookies from my favourite store, but the first thing he did was drag me into a clothes shop that looked far too girly and cute to be real. I mean, seriously, what shop is decorated all pink and lace and has cute bubbly staff to match? I felt like puking and I even fake gagged, but Daniel just smirked at me and with the help of one of the shop assistants he picked out a bunch of clothes and shoes that were - as the assistant said - “super cute and would look so adorable!”. I’m not even kidding.

With a roll of my eyes I tried on every single piece of clothing they passed me and Daniel bought the ones he liked on me most, which surprisingly turned out to be a lot. He did this again in the next twelve – yes, twelve – stores he dragged me into. After the fifth store I was actually dragging my feet and clinging onto doors and benches and signs we walked past so I wouldn't have to go into another cutesy store and try on ridiculously pretty clothes. I tried arguing with Daniel that the clothes would just get ruined the moment I wore them - I'm a very messy person - but he said that didn't matter as he could always buy me knew clothes.

I even thought I’d won around the eighth store, when he sighed and let go of my ankles. We'd been walking through the mall lugging my - or rather, Daniels - shopping bags along with us when I caught sight of a shop called Time Bomb. It looked amazing, all punk and goth and rock, exactly the kind of clothes I'd love to wear but could never afford. I dropped my bags and instantly started walking towards it but Daniel grabbed me around the waist and swung me around, gently pushing me in the direction of the next girly store once I was on my feet.

"I wanna go in Time Bomb!" I said excitedly and tried to rush past him but he picked me up again and quickly scooped up our shopping bags before starting to carry me away. I felt like a little kid, and it was seriously annoying me. What's that saying - if you can't beat them, join them? Something like that I think, but either way, if Daniel was going to treat me like a little kid then I sure as hell was going to act like one! At first I tried yelling at him to put me down, then I tried hitting his back, all to no good. Then I looked over my shoulder and smiled evilly. Just as Daniel walked passed one of the many tall sign posts I grabbed it and clung on for dear life.