Chapter four

"Would you please disentangle yourselves. This is public property after all, and we don't appreciate too much pda here, cause there's children around. Save that kinda stuff for the bedroom." Gosh, how boring did he just sound? I looked over at the soon-to-be beta in amusement and raised an eyebrow at him.

"we aren't doing anything that kids shouldn't see. I'm just happy to see one of my best friends, is all." I gave the beta a little smirk and continued speaking as if to a baby "But if we're upsetting wittle Tay-tay and your cute, innocent eyes then I guess... you should stop staring" I said that last bit with a knowing look and Taylor [the beta] blushed a smooth pink. Matty snorted in amusement and I gave him and Hannah a wink and then we were all laughing our asses off. The next second I was tugged off Matty and I was so surprised that I didn't put up a fight as tingles ran up and down my body from my arms and legs.

I blinked, letting the shock fade and pushed the pleasure of the strange tingles away. I looked over at my friends and saw them looking at me [or more precisely, the person holding me] in shock, but when he noticed my gaze Matty seemed to mentally shake himself and reached out to take me from the person holding me [who was still holding me bridal style, y'know. Talk about embarrassing!] , but they growled and Matty took a step back.

Angry at whoever this was for threatening my best-friend, I punched them hard in the stomach, and thankfully they dropped me to the floor with an 'oof' [hah! i'm not the only one who does that *happy grin*]. I'd landed well so I jumped up and ran over to Matty and Hannah and took one of their hands in each of mine and dragged them into the school. It was only as we were walking through the double doors that I looked behind us to see who it was.

Oh shiiiii-oot!! well isn't this just my bloody luck! Still standing where we'd left them was Alpha-to-be and his posse, and it was Alpha who was standing there, rubbing his stomach where I’d punched the person who was holding me. He was glaring at me, pissed off and hurt, as a myriad of other emotions rolled across his face. It was actually an amusing sight, and I probably would have laughed had my wolf not decided to start battling with me. Mate! she cried as we stared at Daniel, our soon-to-be Alpha. My heart beat in pure fear and I turned around and ran into the building with Matty and Hannah running after me.

It was only after we ran into the library that I slowed down and let the others catch up to me. We stood there for a few moments, me looking at them and them staring at me, before Hannah whispered 'oh Kennie' and threw her arms around me in a sympathetic hug. I patted her back and hugged her too as I felt my tears fall from my eyes and make tracks down my cheeks, my body shaking with fear. I felt Matty wrap his arms around us and I leaned gratefully into his arms, welcome for his strength just then. Why did the Alpha have to be my mate?? why, just WHY ?!?...