Chapter 13

Thankeh all me fans for reading this far, and a great big thankeh ta xXChemicalQueen97Xx for the cover :) hope you enjoy .. x

____________________________________________________________

The sound of pounding echoing through my skull woke me, and I sat up so quickly I felt I had whiplash. I looked around me disorientated and it took me a few moments for the pounding to register as knocking. With a groan I tried to roll over in bed but something was holding me in place. I opened my eyes and stared in front of me in confusion, and I cried out in shock as I realized I was cuddled against a wall of warm, hard, very naked flesh. My first reaction was to jump out of the bed, but my legs were tangled up with his and his arms were wrapped around my waist so I ended up rolling us both out of bed instead, and we landed on the floor with an oomph.

“Oh my gods, Matty! I’m so sorry! Are you okay? Oh my gods  ...” I can’t believe I just knocked my best friend to the floor! And oh my gods I slept with him! Oh... my gods. All of a sudden both of these things struck me as amusing so I let out a little giggle, that then turned into a laugh and soon I was full blown laughing. I rolled off Matty and fell on my back on the floor, my body racking with laughter.

I heard a deep rumble to my right and felt him shaking next to me, so I looked over and saw Matty laughing too. His dark hair was all messy, and his eyes were shut tight and leaking tears, and his full lips were curved upwards in laughter. He looked so beautiful and for a moment I felt a pang of disappointment that he wasn’t my mate, but my melancholic thoughts were disrupted by more banging. Now that I was awake, I could tell that someone was knocking on the front door, but a glance at the clock had me wondering why anyone would be pounding on Matty’s front door at 4 am on a school day.

I glanced over at Matty to see him looking just as confused as I was.

“Stay here. I’ll go check it out.” He told me, and with one smooth movement he was on his feet and pulling on his trousers. Panic seized me as he started walking towards the doorway.

“Matty!” I cried out. I scrambled up and grabbed hold on his wrist, pulling him round to face me. “Don’t answer the door, please. Just, just stay in here. They’ll be gone soon” I tried desperately to convince him, but it sounded thin even to my own ears. My blood was pulsing through my veins, and I had a bad feeling about this. I had no reason to be scared, yet still I was, and that shocked me just enough for Matty to be able to gently pry my fingers off his wrist.

“It’ll be alright Kennie. I’ll just be a moment. You won’t even know I’m gone” he assured me, and with a quick peck to my lips he sped out of the room and down the stairs before I could do more than blink. I listened to Matty’s footsteps get quieter as he jogged through his house, and I hurriedly grabbed my clothes off the floor and started to tug them on. Whoever was at the door, I would not be facing them naked. I was just tugging on my trousers when I heard the front door slam against the wall and I froze again.

“Where-is-she? WHERE. IS. SHE?! KENNIE?! KENNIE ARE YOU HERE?!” Oh shit. Oh shit shit shit. I snatched up my top from the bed and tugged it on just as Daniel came barrelling through the door.

“Kennie? Oh thank god!!” In two quick strides Daniel was across the room and pulling me into his arms. As much as I hate to admit this, it felt so right to be in his arms, and I knew it was because this was the one place I was made to be. Which is why it made what I was about to do all the more harder.