Chapter fourteen part 2

Chapter 14 part 2

*Re-cap*

I took the hand he extended and was suddenly sucked into what felt like a wind tunnel.

The small patch of light grew bigger until it showed a girl hooked up to lots of machines, lying on a neat bed in a white room. Two boys stood at the end of her bed, one with blonde hair one with dark, and they seemed to be arguing about something, but before I could tell what they were arguing about I crashed fast.

I sat up in the bed with a gasp, my hand clutching my chest as I drew in deep breaths. In one single motion both of the guys stopped arguing and turned to look at me, like I had just performed a miracle. Despite the pain shooting through my chest and stomach I tried my best to grin, and I guess I did okay as they smiled back and rushed over. Tears fell from my eyes as I stared up at the two men I loved and Daniel gently wiped them away and kissed my forehead.

“Welcome back”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It’s been three weeks since then. Four weeks since I almost died, if you count the week I spent unconscious. I think I did die. They had to restart my heart twice whilst I was in my dream world, but my body recovered quickly enough. It’s a shame my mind doesn’t seem to be as resilient. They’re saying I hallucinated, that I’m suffering from temporary post traumatic stress, but I know what I saw, I know what happened. I could dismiss the red-headed guy and the beautiful planes off as a dream but I just know the rest of it is real.

This ‘real world’ is like a parallel universe. Everything is normal but apparently nothing important had happened on my birthday except finding my Mate. I have no idea what’s going on, but I’m torn between wanting things to go back to how they should be, and wanting things to stay as they seem to be.

See, what I know is real – what HAS to be real – is that Matty and Hannah are my best friends, and we’ll always be together. That Junior Alpha is my mate but he loves Han and I love Matty. That Matty and I made love and Daniel found out and almost killed us both – me by accident, Matty on purpose - but apparently nothing important like that happened on my birthday. Nothing except finding out that Junior Alpha is my mate.

The story - according to everyone I ask about what happened that day - is that I’d tripped in class so Daniel took me to the nurse, and Matty had spray-painted and crashed a car and got detention for it, but it was as if Matty hadn’t kissed me, we hadn’t spent the night together, and I hadn’t found out that my best friend is in love with my Mate. This is so frustrating that soon I think I’ll need a wig to cover all my bald patches from tearing my hair out. I want to scream or yell but there’s no-one who’ll listen, and everyone thinks I’m half mad as it is without me rambling about this again.

I can’t even talk to my two best friends about it because they haven’t been visiting since the first week after I ‘woke’. Hannah only came the once whilst I was conscious and she left quickly after I asked about the bandages on her hand which she avoided answering. Matty came quite a few times, and I think he would be here now if Daniel hadn’t warned him off.

You see, the last time Matthew was here I’d been crying about Hannah not visiting, so Matty had cradled me in his arms and softly stroked my hair until I’d fallen asleep curled up on his lap. I’d woken as the ward doors opened and Matty gently kissed my forehead and lay me down on the bed. I’d peeked open one eye just in time to see Matty step past Daniel into the hallway and Daniel quietly closed the door as he stepped out after him. Had I been asleep I would have woken up then as they shouted at each other so loud the other patients in here started to wake. Although I couldn’t catch most of what they were saying I knew it was about me. My heart constricted in my throat and I had to swallow down my fears.