Chapter twelve

*~ Dedicated to Amarula , because she really, really wanted an update :P and cauuuuse .. I wanna :) haha, enjoy! x ~*

I curled up into a ball and cried until my eyes were dry and aching, then I rose to my feet and started walking. I don’t now where I was walking, or if I was even going in the right direction - for all I knew I could be accidentally leaving the pack territory - but I guess I had luck on my side, because after almost an hour of walking I recognised this part of the woods as those near Hannahs house. I switched to a run and reached the edge of the woods outside Hannahs house in no time, and I kept running until I reached her front door.

 I raised my hand to knock but then I paused and slowly started to lower my hand. I wasn't sure how much I could tell her, or what she knew already, and I couldn't just barge in on her like this. She may be my best friend, but we've always had this thing about privacy between us. Personally I think it's because she's a little OCD and needs to feel like everything is under her control, but I dunno. She's always takes Matty's side anyway, but that may just be because he's almost always right, whilst i'm the queen of bulshitting my way out of arguments. It makes for fun arguments with them.. if a little annoying at times.

I sighed softly and started walking away when I noticed a familiar car parked a bit down the road, so I stopped walking and turned to face it. It was black, shiny, smooth and expensive-looking which is basically all I know about cars . Bike's on the other-hand ..

 Wait, I do know that car! My mind flashed back to this morning when I saw Daniel walk away from his car to his mini-pack, and it was the same car as the one outside of Hannahs house at the moment. But why is Junior Alpha here? Maybe he came to see if I was here .. but then he would've just asked and left, not gone in to talk...

 My eyebrows drew together in confusion and I turned my head to look back at the house, but after a few moments of studying it I realized the only way to get answers was to go in myself. I contemplated choosing the front door as I knew where the spare key was - y'know, in case of emergencies, - but the door alarm would beep and they'd probably hear it. Ha, they'd definitely hear it ! That thing is so loud it wakes Hannah and I when someone opens the door when I sleep round her house. Okay, so that plan's out. Where else ?..

I quickly browsed the front of the house, my mind running through different possibilities of silent entry, when my eyes found the back gate. I know it was probably the first thing others would think of, but its about 8 foot tall, spiked up top [even if it is wooden] and always locked, but right now it was ajar, which was kinda freaky. I bet your thinking, 'an unlocked gate? what’s so freaky about that?', but Hannahs dad is this real stickler about security, and I think he's a little OCD like his daughter is. I mean, she gotta have gotten it from somewhere..

In the handful of seconds it took me to reach the gate, I ran through loads of possibilities in my head as to why it would be open, like maybe ninjas came and kidnapped her dog and couldn’t open the front door, or maybe a swarm of giant man-eating spiders attacked the neighbourhood, or maybe Hannah was on a sugar rush and forgot to close the gate after opening it, presumably for Daniel. What could be so important that he had to come round today, though? It's obviously not to see Hannah's dad cause he was at work, so it must be to see Hannah, but what's so important that he couldn't say it to her at school?

Curious, I stepped through the gate and walked through the back garden until I reached the back door, which I silently pushed open and stepped through. Being as silent as I could I crept through the house and peeked into each room to see if they were in there before moving to the next. I felt so ninja that I had to bite my lip to stop myself from laughing. I was still struggling not to laugh when I got to the doorway to Hannah's doorway, but what I saw when I peeked through washed al the laughter from me.