Chapter 7

~* A/N this is me first time writing a male pov so am sure its gunna suck, but wanted it out there for you guys to [hopefully *cross fingers*] see things from his perspective so its not so biased. Hope y'all like it :L
dedicated to SaBaAliDx cause they gave me advice on how to write this pov, so mucho gracias :D *~

Daniel's pov -

I ran out of the library after her, but even though I couldn’t have been more than twelve paces behind her she wasn’t in the corridor by the time I got there. The swarms of people rushing from home-room to first period weren't helping either.

“Dammit!” I yelled as I punched the locker I was standing next to. From the corner of my eye I saw a few people turn and stare, whilst others closer to me ran away, but I stared at the dent I left in the metal, my mind in turmoil.

Why didn't I run after her straight away, or stop her from running away from me?? how could I have been so stupid?! I shouldn't have pushed her away back there, but god help me I wouldn't have been able to keep my control over my wolf if she'd kept kissing me like that!

'If you'd let me mark and claim her then our mate wouldn't have run away from us!' my wolf growled at me.

I just met her for fudge sake! She would've been more freaked out and pissed at me if I had just claimed her and then our mate would hate us!

As I knew he wouldn't, my wolf had no reply to that except a quiet growl at the thought of losing her. I tried to sniff out her scent in the hall, to at least guess the direction she was going in, but there were so many other scents mixed in from all the other students who'd walked through here on their way to first period that it was impossible to distinguish her scent from the others.

I should've had more control over my wolf. I shouldn't have gotten jealous and angry. I shouldn’t have followed her. But, why did she have to go run away from me in the parking lot?!.

“Dammit!” I growled again and hit the side of the locker with my palm. Thankfully the hallway was now clear due to it being a good few minutes after the bell went, which meant i'm officially late for class. My head fell against the locker , the cold of the metal against my warm skin reminding me of the sparks when my beautiful mate and I touched, leaving an aching longing to have her in my arms, and not because I was pulling her off some other guy.

When I’d seen her this morning in the parking lot with her legs wrapped around some guys waist, I felt murderous anger towards the guy and I wanted nothing more than to go over there and rip her from him and hold her in my arms, and though i'm sorry I upset her by doing so, i'm glad I got to do that. I knew as soon as I saw her that she was special to me, though I had no idea why, but it was only when we touched and the electricity ran up my arms from where I held her that my wolf confirmed it.

When she ran from me in the parking lot I followed because I needed to know why she ran, but when I found her in the library I let out my stupid anger and jealousy at her touching that guy she was with, and then I had to go all bipolar and kiss her, and then I went bipolar again and pushed her away.

God, the look on her face when I did. She didn’t understand why I did it, and I don’t either any-more. Whatever stupid excuse I had I should have just ignored and held her in my arms! My mate.

My heart-beat double time and felt light and excited knowing that I’d finally found my mate, the only one for me in this world, and she's perfect. She's beautiful and sexy, yet she doesn't flaunt it like most of the hot girls at this school, which just makes her that more beautiful, and she doesn't need to talk to everyone either or be popular. It was obvious when she was with her friend earlier that she's comfortable in herself. Not to mention that she has a really good punch.

I rubbed my stomach with a smile on my face. It hurt but it wouldn't bruise as it would on a human, thank goodness for wolves faster healing! Getting winded by a girl was embarrassing, yet I couldn't help but feel pride at the thought that my mate can take care of herself if she needs to. With the smile still on my face I made my way to first period PE and after quickly changing I ran out onto the football field where we were practising – you guessed it – Football .

As I jogged to the centre of the field where the teacher was explaining the rules to my classmates, I glanced around, taking in the forest spreading out along the right of the football field, the metal bleachers, the school to the left and the track that ran around the field. I slid to a stop at the back of my class, and watched in amusement as the female PE class ran around the track.

Some of them were actually taking it seriously and were trying to run ahead, whilst others lagged behind clearly wishing the lesson to be over already, whilst the majority messed about and raced their friends. One girl, however, stuck out to me from the rest, and I stood up from my slouch and watched her keenly, and my wolf peeked up in interest too. She was loping along with the grace of a leopard and the speed to match, yet she didn't even seem to be bothering. I could see her legs pumping and her golden-blonde hair whipped behind her, but it seemed more from her casual gait that she was distracted, yet she still overtook all of her classmates as easily as if they'd been walking.

"Daniel! How good of you to finally show up. Perhaps you could possibly finish off the explanation for me, seeing how obviously interested you are in this topic?” Mr Bruce [aka coach boomer] sarcastically called out to me in his booming voice. I looked away from the graceful girl to him and saw him standing there with his eyebrows drawn together in an angry frown.

“Sure sir” I replied with a smirk, and I finished his explanation on the rules of football to the class as if I’d actually been paying attention, which pissed Coach Boomer off to no end, seeing as he knew I hadn't been.

"Like it matters”, I muttered as I looked around just in time to see the girl cross the line well ahead of all her other classmates. As one by one her classmates joined her, I noticed that, although I couldn’t see her clearly from this distance, she didn’t seem to be bothered by the run at all, neither fanning herself or hunched over like her classmates. Pride swelled in my chest at this but I ignored it, confused by it. If it was my mate then sure, I’d understand, but it can't be her. I mean, I would've -

I didn't finish that thought because just then the girl sharply turned around so she was facing my direction and I recognised her immediately, my wolf howling happily at the sight of her.

Found you, Mate