Chapter eight

[A/n] ~* Heyy Readers :D sorreh the last chappy was so crud, but i hope this one is better *thumbs up*.To all those grammar nazi's out there, i've checked the spelling via spell check as well as manually, so there shouldn't be any mistakes, but if there are don't be afraid to point them out, and i'll correct them directly :)

Please vote if you like this chapter or even if you don't, or if you wanna cookie right now :P so wanna cookie >.< Hope yar enjoy ! :D x *~

Mackenzie P.o.v.

I stared across the field at the hot guy with the beautiful blue eyes and felt my heart beat erratically in my chest. Some distant part of my mind was yelling at me for acting such a simpleton and to look away already, and I knew it was kinda speaking sense, but it sounded as if from afar and it was all I could do not to run across the field to him. He seemed to be feeling the same because he started walking towards me, his face determined yet mixed with a sweet emotion I couldn't identify.

As he walked closer to me, my body frozen in place, my gaze wandered up and down his body, relishing in the way his tight t-shirt hugged his muscles and the short sleeves that showed off arms that I would like around me any day.

I swallowed and slowly looked away from his tanned, well-built arms to his face. He was closer now, so I could make out his features easier than I could when he was standing with his class, and my eyes ran over his features, pausing over his smiling lips then stopping at his eyes. They burned with such fierceness that I would've been scared if it was anyone else, but my wolf instincts were telling me that he wouldn't hurt me, and I believed it.

All this time [well, it was only about 2 or 3 minutes, but it felt longer], and I hadn't recognised him, and he was only a few feet from me when I started with a jolt as I realised who he was.

fudge fudge fudge !

I snapped my gaze away from Daniel's and quickly tried to back up, but I ended on my backside as I bumped into some girl in my class and tripped over my own feet. Ow, dammit! I complained to myself as I gently rubbed my lower back, wincing at the soreness.

Oh sure, a broken nose I can deal with but as soon as I bump my butt I start complaining. Yeah, makes LOADS of sense. Not. I mentally grumbled to myself as I tried to stand but my bum really did hurt, and my head was starting to spin. I softly pressed my hand to my left temple and took a deep breath as I pushed my complaints to the back of my mind and struggled into a crouch.

Suddenly my feet were knocked out from under me, but instead of falling on my ass again I was lifted into the air, and the jostling motion told me I was being carried. My eyes snapped open, only for them to close again as the person holding me shifted me in their arms and electricity and warmth darted across my skin from where their skin touched mine, their scent suddenly hitting me full force as I sucked in a big gasp of air.

Biting my lip to stop a moan from escaping, I slowly opened my eyes and looked up at Daniel, my eyes locking to his as he stared down at me in concern, amusement and … attraction? I lightly gasped again at the look in his eyes and quickly turned my head away from him, a blush creeping onto my cheeks making my face feel hot.

“Mackenzie..” I kept my gaze averted and felt relief rush through me when he let out a deep sigh and continued walking. I hadn't even noticed we'd stopped I thought absently to myself, relaxing back into his arms as we started moving again. And since when did he know my name? It can't've been Han-han or Matty cause they're both in lesson, and he wouldn't have had time to find them or any of his 'friends' to ask them anyway, but i'm also pretty sure he hadn't known my name earlier, so how could he … wait, could he remember .. no, course not. I mean, if he remembered me he'd be acting differently now. At least, I THINK he would. Oh, what do I care? Stupid self, over-analysing stupid sexy alpha knowing my stupid name ..

I snapped out of my thoughts as I felt a woosh of cold air at my side where Daniel had been, and with a quick glance round I noticed I was in the nurses office. My pulse quickened in panic and I resisted the urge to jump out the open window and run to safety, but I knew that if I ran Daniel would just find me and bring me back here, or worse, take me to the hospital!

Damn Damn Damn! Gah! Where is he? I'm gunna stick play-doh in his burgers! Stupid, blooming ALPHA-TO-BE! I growled angrily through gritted teeth as my gaze snapped around the room looking for him, but I calmed right down when I saw him walk in with the nurse behind him. My anger subsided and my earlier panic came back, my hands sweating in fear and my heart felt lodged in my throat.

The nurse walked over to me and tried to rest a hand on my forehead to check my temperature, but I let out a little squeak of fear and scrambled away from her. I heard a chuckle nearby and I looked to my left to see Alpha-to-be standing there with his arms crossed, chuckling at me in amusement, and I narrowed my eyes at him.

Oh, you think this is funny? Well you just wait, Alpha. I'll get you back. You just watch me!