Chapter 1

I opened my eyes to see my curtains glowing a soft cream colour which meant the sun was up, and I jumped out of bed without a seconds pause and ran straight into the bathroom down the hall to get ready. Today's my birthday and I'm finally seventeen years of age.

I'd turned into a 'wolf for the first time when i was 5, so I'm not expecting that or anything, but when you turn seventeen, something in your dna unlocks and you grow even more into your wolf causing your wolf-self to grow physically, and you become closer linked mentally and emotionally to your wolf. It's not as bad as it sounds, beacause you both still had your own thoughts and emotions, It's just as if they'd been linked [your wolf and human selves], so they're so close you wouldn't be able to tell whose was whose mostimes. Most importantly though [or so my friends keep trying to convince me,] this closeness with your wolf allows you to find your mate. 'Woopee', I thought with sarcasm as I turned off the shower and started drying myself off.

It's probably obvious that I'm not so excited about the whole 'mate' thing [mostly because karma hates me], but I'm not so worried about that today. It takes a few weeks for you and your wolf to become fully linked, and sometimes the effects don't come out until right at the end of that time, so I hoped I have some time left without worrying about finding my mate. No, today I'm so excited because I'd finally be getting my dream motorbike!!

I don't know all the in-depths about cars or 'bikes or stuff like that, but I can admire the beauty and power of them without needing to.  I've always wanted to learn mechanics and engineering and stuff like that, so I could fix up my own bike, but mom and dad don't very well like that idea. They were fine with the bike [after some persuasion] because they thought it was just a phase and I'd get past it quicker if they went along with it. Yeah right.

I ran into my bedroom and threw on the clothes I'd picked for school today, before quickly attacking my hair with the straighteners and a brush. It takes about an hour to straighten it perfectly, but I'm not really bothered with that this morning, so I only spent about 15 minutes on my hair, because I only wanted it straightened enough to get rid of the frizz. I geuss I'm kinda a tomboy [especially with all the fights I get into], but every morning I spend at least 20 minutes doing my hair and make-up. I don't wear much make-up, only concealer to cover the small scars, and a bit of lipbalm to stop my lips from drying. With a quick glance at myself in the mirror I decided to add a bit of eyeliner and I was done.

I was all ready to run out the house to go to school when I noticed my small clock on the bookcase near my bed. The time read 5:30 am and I groaned as I realised I still had at least an hour before anyone else got up. No wonder it was so quiet, I thought as I threw myself onto my bed and rolled onto my back to stare at the ceiling. I was seriously tempted to run into everyones rooms and wake them up, but I thought it too evil to wake people up early in the morning. I rolled back onto my front and snuggled under my quilts, squashing my face into my pilow and breathing in the lavender, berries and earthy scent. Normally i'm not a morning person either, I thought drowsily to myself as I let out a huge yawn.  Must be cause I'm so excited about today and getting my bike, but even as I let my eyes drift closed, it wasn't thoughts of the bike that filled my head, but a woody scent with vanilla and a tantalising hint of chocolate and an image of a person I knew I should recognise, but my sleep deprived mind couldn't make it out, and I soon forgot about it as I slid into the oblivion of sleep..

___________________________________________________________________________

~*~ Please vote and comment :) ~*~