Chapter 11

A/n ~ tisa bit rough because i only wrote it this morning, but i hope y'all like it anyway :)

happeh reading / writing x

______________________________________________________________

Re-cap -

I didn't stop walking until we reached the bleachers by the football field. I leant against the side of the bleachers and crossed my arms over my chest, and I let my gaze wander over to the field where a bunch of guys were practising football. Only a couple were any good, the rest of them sucked. I roughly blew out a deep breath and turned my head to look at Matty, who was leaning against the bleachers on the other side of me to the football pitch. He wasn't glaring anymore, but now he just looked sad and tired.

“Matty, what's wrong?” I asked him softly. He shook his head and looked away to his right. “Please, Matty. You can always tell me anything, you know that. We've been Besties for years, and I hope that whatever it is, you can talk to me about it. Remember, a problem shared is a -”

“Is a problem halved. Yeah, yeah, I know.” I could basically hear his eye-roll, and I poked him sharply in the ribs. He turned to me with his mouth open in mock-hurt as he dramatically clutched his side. I rolled my eyes this time and gently shoved him. He laughed at me and lightly poked my arm, and laughed again when I tried to swat at him but missed, and I pouted and turned to face the football pitch again. I felt Matty's warm hand under my chin and he turned me to face him. His face was full of indecision and I stopped pouting and dropped my arms.

“Kennie, I... I dunno if I can.. I dunno how to... I just..” He sighed and dropped his hand from my chin, and turned as if to leave, but I grabbed his sleeve. He turned his head slightly and looked over his shoulder at me.

“Matty, please. I know.. Well, I get that it's hard to tell me, but please, tell me. I want to help you, but I can't if you don't tell me what the problem is.” I looked up at him pleadingly and he turned back to face me. He cupped my face with his hands and lowered his head to mine.

“This is my problem” He whispered to me just before he pressed his lips against mine.

Chapter 11

Fireworks.

As Matty's lips moved against mine all I could see was fireworks, and my heart felt so light but it was beating so fast i was scared it would burst out of my chest

I shoved Matty away from me and slapped him. He looked back at me in hurt and shock.

“Matty, what the FUCK?!” My eyes were stinging with tears and my mouth was open in shock as I glared at him in anger. My heart was aching and I didn't know why. Scrap that, I did know why. I've loved Matty ever since I met him, but I knew that one day we'd both find our mates and wouldn't be able to be together. That and he never seemed romantically interested. Well, until now that is. Now that i've found my mate he's suddenly all in love with me? My eyes started to burn again and I turned on my heel and walked away.

“Kennie, wait!” I heard Matty call from behind me but I kept walking. I blinked to get rid of the tears and noticed that I was walking across the football pitch. I passed a couple of the guys trying out for football and they looked at me quizically but I just kept walking right past them, ignoring Matty as he kept calling my name.

“Kennie! KENNIE!. Oh, for GOD’S sakes!” I heard running and a few seconds later Matty grabbed my arm, pulling me to a stop.

“What?!” I growled at him. My eyes were burning now, not just with tears but with anger. I mean, how the fucking heck could he do that to me?! “I'm your best fucking friend Matty, how the fuck could you do that to me?!” I was so angry I shoved his hand off my arm even though really he should be stronger than me. My wolf smiled smugly in my head at the shocked look on his face as I brushed his grip off so easily, but then his face became pissed at he threw his hands in the air.

“What? What the fuck did I do wrong? I kissed you for fuck sake, it's not like I cheated on you or anything! What is your fucking problem?! Is it him? That jerk you don't even like? Come on, Kennie - You can do better than him! He's a di- “ I didn't let him finish that sentence because as he dissed my mate my gaze went red and black and it was all I could do not to tear his throat out.

Calm, Kennie, calm! I tried to tell myself, but when he said I could do better my anger built and I couldn't control it all anymore. My hand came out and slapped him sharp and loud across the face, and all the people practising on the field stopped and looked over at us. If I hadn't been so pissed-off I would have been embarrased, but how DARE Matty talk like that – not only about my mate, but also about his future Alpha?

“How, fucking, DARE, you talk about him that way” I angrily whispered at him. “He is your future Alpha, for FUCK SAKE !” wow, I’m really starting to sound like a parrot – wait, focus! “And what about me?! I finally have a chance to be happy with the ONE person who's made for me, and you fucking try and ruin it? What the fuck is wrong with YOU?! I thought you were my friend, Matthew .. “ The anger fled from my voice on that last sentence and I sounded heart-broken and the tears once again started to fall.

Geez, if I cry any more tears I'll die of dehydration or something, I grumbled in my head, trying to distract myself from the heart-broken and guilty look on Matty's face that only pissed me off more at the moment. I looked around us and saw that all of the people at the tryouts had stopped and gathered close now, even the coach, and my anger once again reared it's ugly head.

“What do the fuck d’ y'all want? Just because this guy and I were having a fucking argument doesn't mean you can come and bloody eavesdrop you assholes! We weren't interrupting your playing, so if you wanna watch a show go to the fucking Theatre and pay! Now if you don't mind, PISS THE FUCK OFF!” I shouted that last part at the top of my lungs and everyone flinched or jumped at the sudden increase in volume. I looked around at all the faces for a moment and saw that all of them had switched from curious or pitying to angry at my attitude and words. Well fuck them! I thought with a scowl, and I turned around and ran to the woods.

As I ran deeper into the welcoming embrace of the forest's shadows I felt the last of my anger slip away from me, and I fell to my knees as the sobs started to take over.