Chapter six

oh my gosh I am SUCH an IDIOT! was the first thing I thought once I’d stopped running and calmed down enough to think straight. I'd run to my first lesson, which thankfully was PE [though i'm sure that’s gunna suck later on in the year,] and I’d changed, run out on the field and started running laps as instructed by our teacher before I even noticed what I was doing. By the time I noticed I’d already run all 5 laps and was standing in front of the teacher waiting for the others to finish. I watched as some ran past, just starting their last lap [mostly humans], whilst others came sprinting over the finish line, racing each other to see who was fastest [mostly shifters/wolves]. It was only as I watched my classmates pant and sweat [yes, even the wolves,] that I noticed I was doing neither, and that I’d finished before anyone else.

I'm not gunna pretend that a part of me wasn’t happy or proud that I’d managed to run five laps faster than anyone else and not even break a sweat, cause I was, but another part was worrying about how that was possible, especially because I don't run all that often, whilst yet another small part of me was still thinking about the kiss. Okay, more than a small part, more like most of me was thinking about that kiss - how his hands had felt running down my back, how the taste of him mingled with his scent in my head creating the most delicious flavours, how his tongue danced wth mine, how aroused I’d felt just feeling his sexy, hard body pressed against mine...

What the heck?! No !! Stop thinking like that! stop stop stop !! 
I wanted to shake my head but I looked around me and saw everyone looking at me expectantly, so I didn't want them to think me any crazier than they already did, so instead I settled for a mental shake of my head. It didn't work though.

"Huh? what I do?" I asked, looking backwards and forwards from one person to the next only to receive chuckles from my classmates. Glad I amuse you I thought with amusement of my own. They hadn't answered my question ...

"I asked you whether you have done track or cross-country before?" now that answers my question.

"No ma'am." I responded politely to the teacher,

"Any type of long-distance running?" she asked next, her eyebrows furrowing in slight confusion

"Not really. I mean, I’ve run laps a few times before in other PE lessons, but not much other than that." What's this got to do with anything?

"Hmm. so your saying that you've never done cross-country or anything like that outside of lessons, yet you still manage to beat the 2000 metre record without even breaking a sweat?" Her voice was edging with sarcasm and a little bit of suspicion and I finally got it. aaah ! so she doesn't get how I did what I did. silly humans, they're never gunna get these things. Heck, I don't even get them and they happen to me !

"Well ma'am," I started, attempting to sound respectful and confused, as if I wasn't very sure either. "I walk to and from school most days and I live in a big house, so I guess I get my endurance from that, and I have a younger brother who loves to annoy the heck outta me, so I run from him a lot, so that's probably where I get my speed. I'm like sonic but not a hedgehog, though I wish I was blue too" I finished with a huge grin and my classmates burst out laughing. Even my teacher cracked a smile and stopped looking suspicious. Bingo. Now maybe she'll let it drop. She doesn't need to know that I run for miles in my wolf form when i'm pissed off to get rid of the anger without hurting anyone. That kinda thing is private..

"Well, we'd love it if you'd join the track team, or even the cross-country team. We were looking for someone to fill the places after we lost three of our best to graduation last year, and we'd love it if you'd join and help us !" oh, I hate it when people say things like that. it makes me feel guilty, like I have to say yes...

"Sure" I said with a small smile. Well it couldn't hurt , could it? And it does sound fun, just being able to run and run and no-one question you why. Hey, maybe I can even convince Hannah or Matty to join with me ! The coach HAD said three people had left, and Matty and Hannah are both super fast and can run far, like me [well duh! Who else would I go for wolfy runs with on the weekend?].

I let the smile stay on my lips as I thought of that, and as I started figuring ways in which I could make it happen. I can't wait! It'll be so awesome if Hannah and Matty were on the team with me. Y'know, maybe my lucks not so bad after all...

Lol! yeah right ...