40

We weren't at Momma's house long, I only had enough time to tell her thank you and goodbye before Sawyer had grabbed my hand and pulled me back out to the car. Whatever he had going on, we were suddenly on a strict time limit.

"Shit. Britain did we unplug the Christmas lights before we left yesterday?" Sawyer asked as he unlocked the door to the apartment. "The answer to that would be a big fat no." He ran over to the Christmas Tree and pulled the plug out of the outlet, "You have enough time to change clothes while I get your gift for you."

"Sounds good. But, are you going to change clothes?" I asked looking at Sawyer who was just wearing a pair of basketball shorts and an old t-shirt.

"I'm not sure that I'm going to have time. You need to hurry up though!" 

"Yes sir. I'll be right back." I turned and walked down the hallway to the bedroom. I changed my clothes as fast as I could and brushed my hair and teeth. I also slipped a few hair ties on my wrist before turning back around and walking to the living room where Sawyer was sitting on the couch waiting for me.

"You ready?" He asked with a smile.

"Yes sir." I smiled and sat down next to him.

"Okay. Here's this." Sawyer sat a box wrapped in silvery blue paper on my lap.

I opened the box and found a piece of paper inside, it was a screenshot printed from Sawyer's phone of a text message from Greg.

                                                             The plane lands at ten in the morning.

"What?" I asked, a smile spreading across my face.

"We have to get going." Sawyer smiled.

"Who all is coming?" I jumped off the couch and grabbed my purse.

"Well, Greg, Briston, Rhett, and Reed. If I were you, I'd give those two brothers of yours huge hugs. Greg is leaving behind a week old son and Rhett his two month old daughter." Sawyer grabbed his keys and his hoodie while I slipped my coat on.

"How long are they going to be here?" 

"Four days. They tried for longer but Reed has school and they both have wives with infants. Tonia was not about to let him leave for too long. She was crazy jealous that he was coming at all."

"Oh my gosh. It's nine thirty, we need to go!" 

"I've been rushing you for the last hour lets go pick these people up."

♥♥♥

"Briston! Reed!" I squealed and ran towards my brothers, niece, and nephew. 

"Aunt Britain!" Briston yelled as she jumped up into my arms. 

"How are you guys?" I smiled and kneeled down, holding Briston, so that I could hug Reed too.

"We just rode in an airplane!" Briston was happier than I ever thought was possible.

"Yeah! Did you like it?"

"They gave us food! And we watched a movie!" Reed showed me an empty peanut wrapper.

"Merry Christmas!" Greg yelled from the baggage claim.  

"Merry Christmas!" I stood up, still holding Briston, and ran over to hug my two brothers. "How did you guys talk your wives into letting you guys come here? And you left last night?"

"Yeah. Santa came early, and Lane was born so I was allowed to leave for the week. She's really jealous though." Greg hugged me and then passed me on to Rhett.