27

"Promise to text me when you land in New York?" Sawyer asked as we stood right by my gate at the airport. 

"As long as you promise to call me when you land in San Diego." I smiled and gave him a little kiss on the top of his nose.

 "Of course." Sawyer smiled, "Then again when I get to London."

"I love you." I kissed him again just as my plane started its boarding.

"I love you more." He smiled and placed one more light kiss on my lips before we split apart, me getting in line to board my plane, and Sawyer heading off to his gate.

I wanted to cry, I really did. My eyes were full of tears as I stood there in line, but part of me knew that I couldn't. I was lucky enough to have the extra time to spend with him, and I had a feeling that I would be seeing him again soon. I had to be happy for the time that I had with him, I couldn't have it seem like my heart was ripped out. Especially not when such amazing things were about to happen for my book. I had to be strong and keep a smile on my face, at least until my book was on the shelves.

"Have a nice flight!" The lady checking my ticket chirped as she waved me into the little hall leading to the plane.

"Thanks!" I smiled over my shoulder as I rolled my small suitcase down the hall thing.

I put my suitcase in the overhead bin, then took my seat next to the window and shoved my laptop under the seat in front of me. 

Luckily my flight was a night, so I could spend most of it sleeping, then when I woke up, I could look forward to a text message and a voice-mail from Sawyer.

As I was pulling my headphones out of my backpack, I heard someone sit next to me, so as I zipped up my backpack, I looked up, where my eyes met those of the same man that I sat with on my flight to California.

"Well hello again!" The man smiled as he took his seat.

"Hey. How's it going?" I asked.

"Pretty good. Ready to get home to my wife and baby. Even though it's only been two days."

"Nice!"

"How about you? You're not in tears like you were the last time."

"I'm heading to New York a bit early for the publishing of my second book and my boyfriend surprised me while I was at Disney Land with my family."

"Well congrats! I'm glad things started looking up for you. You were really torn up the last time that I saw you."

"Yeah. It was rough. But I'm just glad that I got the extra time with my boyfriend and I got to go home for the first time since I started college."

"That's awesome! What kept you from going home?"

"I have a huge, crazy family. So there's not really much room for me. Plus, I'm a writer, so I don't really have a lot of time to go home and visit and everything. Not as much as I wish I had. So everybody usually just comes to me."

"Well thank God you have an awesome family." The man smiled at me and pulled his Kindle out of his bag just as the captain said we were getting ready to taxi.