46.[Where He Is Accused Of The Worst, While His Lover Is Insecure Of Her Worth]

Excuse my errors. Phoebe is wearing that in a scene in this chapter, but her stomach isn't that huge yet, picture something smaller. Vote and Comment.  Final Four Chapters left...I don't think you're ready!

[Phoebe—Nearly Three Short Days Later]

"So you know tonight is Daddy's big interview, so that means just the two of us tonight. We have to watch on and support him, so what do you want to eat tonight?" I asked Kaitlyn as I picked her up ready to go home. It was her last week of school before her summer began.

She didn't reply. I looked up in the rear-view mirror turning down the song. "Did you hear me sweetheart?"

She continued looking out of the window. "What's the matter?" I asked driving down the highway.

"Nothing."

"Nope, something's the matter because you would have been talking to me by now. I thought we promised that we would share everything. See look I told you last night one of my biggest secrets I haven't even told your Daddy and you still don't trust me pumpkin?" I asked her.

"Mhmm. I know."

"It was very hard for me to tell you about me wetting the bed at 12 Kay.  I used to dream I was sitting on the toilet. Come on you have to give it up." I small smiled.

She played with the seatbelt. "Johnathan didn't want talk to me today. He pushed me down to hard on the slide today and I hurt my elbow see." She said showing a bandage.

"Oh no how did that happen. Is is hurting you?"

"Not really no more."

"Oh baby I'm sorry, why would he do that? We talked about that."

She mumbled. "His eye was all busted up Teacha. And he say he fell. I don't believe him and I tried to help him but then...he just got mad at me. I'm his bestfriend. But he be mean to me, when I just want to help him."

"Awe, I understand sweetie. Johnathan is a boy, so he doesn't want you to baby him, just like how sometimes you hate it when I baby you. For a boy its worst. They have pride thing with their ego. You'll understand when you're older."

"Okay." She murmured.

"Well I think Johnathan is going through some things at home sweetheart . He may not want to talk about it to you yet. Maybe he doesn't know how. You're about to enter first grade after this summer, you guys are growing up."

"But Teacha you have to help him." She rubbed her eyes. "I don't want nothing to happen to him. He my best friend."

I sighed looking out of the window. "Please don't cry Kaitlyn, I can't do anything anymore I'm not his teacher any longer. I don't like interfering in people's lives, sometimes it doesn't always go the way you want it to."

"But teacha, Johnathan not happy. What if he's seeing monsters just like me? You have to help him. He can live with us. "

My eyes widened. "Woah, your father will surely object to that, and Johnathan has guardians Kaitlyn, he may just be experiencing abuse, but I can only report it. Maybe I can go over to his house and ask his parents if he can spend a lot more time with you. Play dates and stuff."

She sniffed, nodding her head. "Your second Mommy say I had to invite somebody to church maybe I can invite Johnathan." I clearly forgot about that whole church thing with my Mom.

I smiled. "See that sounds great, but I have to ask his parents first. We'll work it out okay."

"Okay, she mumbled and we were on our way home. August's interview was going to be coming on late night, at 10 and he had to ensure he wasn't nervous about tonight. I knew August wouldn't say anything good about Roscoe, he was already as sharp as a tack with his words and his bluntness wouldn't subside just for tonight. His publicists made it pretty clear that in order to clear his name of the entire murder, he had to be as crucially honest.