27.[Where He Notices How She Varies, How She Wants Too Much]

Excuse my errors. [Eg. Hair for hear, or it for eat, Words missing letters.] I'm very sleepy.

[Phoebe--Several Days Later To Phoebe's Father's Celebratory Dinner]

"You wearin' that?"

I peered up in the mirror at him, as he stood there shirtless with his hands on his hips, with his eyebrow cocked. I continued smoothing down my dress as I ignored him.

"So you not answer me?" He sat down on the bed resting his elbows on his knees.

"Well yes, I am what's wrong with it? A lot of people are going to be at this stupid party."

"Ya' skirt a lah' too tight and Ion goin'."

I turned around facing him. "I'm not listening to you and yes we are. Put on your shirt. It's almost 7. She hates when I'm late."

"You already take Kaitlyn to Tima?"

"Yes sir , I did. Kaitlyn would be here now helping decide which shoes I should wear. Your mother's house is literally two corners away. All of your questions answered now? Can we go?"

"Mama was there?"

I sighed. "No. No she wasn't." I mumbled not really wanting to see her. I had been avoiding her I guess from since a few days ago when I had met up with Chad. He made me think, that maybe she was just using me as some sort of blame holder for when August found out. He made me think about what really was the significance for telling me about his brother.

Chad had called me and said that he and his girlfriend decided to go back to California. I honestly was contemplating telling August last night, while we were being so very intimate but then I ended up getting my period after and I was knocked out, I just went to sleep after and so did he.

I knew I was going to tell him before Chad did but I didn't know when that was going to be.

"How do I look? And be honest." I said standing in front of him. "You like my shoes?"

"Yeh' , you lookin' good."

I frowned. "So very convincing."

"Ion really diggn' nem' shoes but you lookin' real good. Beautiful."

"You don't like my shoes? You bought them." I scoffed.

"For real? Dang I ain't notice. Then my money look real good then."

I smirked, rolling my eyes at him. "Just get ready. I'm going downstairs."

"Ion wearin' those bullshit clothes you picked out eitha'."