20.[Where He Adores That To Her There's No Drug Around Quite Like Him]

[Phoebe]

"August baby, go back inside. I'll make you something to eat." I said trying to kiss him but he started to pull away from me.

He stared up at my Mom. "Abusin'? That's the last thing I do to Phoebe. You betta' tell em Phoebe." He shoved me away from him.

I looked back at them seeing they were expectant and confused. Waiting on an explanation. I turned back to August. "Baby don't make me do this. Please I—I can't tell them." I whispered up to him touching his chest but he shook his head and he took my wrist spinning back around to them, smacking my butt in the process.

"Tell em'. You got em' here thinking we be fightin'. That I be beatin' on you. Tell Them."  He said and I looked at him searching for some sympathy in his eyes but he wouldn't give me any.

I spun around. "It's complicated." I said walking past them as they all followed me.

"What's so complicated? Who did this to your eye? And chin. Just tell us pumpkin." Mom prompted.

I sighed. "Look, all you guys need to know is that August didn't do anything to me. It's this guy..... Malcolm." I shrugged. "August doesn't hurt me Mom. He deceived me into thinking he was a nice guy,but he isn"t. Far from it."

I looked up at August and he eyed me, and frowned before he scoffed walking back into the bedroom. I knew he was angry. But I couldn't tell them all just yet. I knew the real reason why they were here is because Dad was going to do his surgery like next week and she wanted to mend things between us before he took that major step.

I couldn't tell them because I had already gotten the family lawyer to work on charging Malcolm with sexual harassment and furthermore. I was trying to protect her , myself and my family. If they found out she was helping me they'd fire her for not contacting them and informing them about it and I didn't want that to happen.

And I didn't want Dad to be stressed out before he went and had his surgery. As much as I despise both of them sometimes I know they love me, and I don't want anything to happen to them. I know now that Malcolm is crazy. And the wicked doesn't sleep.

Especially because he seems to be an acquaintance of Dad's, I don't kow this will go.If he felt that he was being attacked by Scott and all his alliances and collegues, he might try and hurt them. So I can just bear the weight for now.

"Well you need to report this matter Phoebe! You have been assaulted." Dad shouted,quite  disturbed.

"I know. I already did. It's being sorted out. They're out there looking for him now." I smiled, trying to ensure them.

Mom looked back around , probably searching for August before she turned back to me. "Phoebe you can tell me sweetheart, You can tell me if he's hurting you. You don't have to stay like I did. You don't have to be like me." I blinked my eyelashes at her, noticing the way Dad was studying her from the side. What the hell was she doing?