6.[Where He Still Doesn't Comprehend Her Idea Of Mild]

[Phoebe---Moments Later]

“You sleepy baby? Lay down.” I told Kaitlyn looking in the review mirror at her. She looked so ill, I thought she was getting better.

“Mhmm.” She nodded and laid her head down on the backseat.

“Ms.Phe Phe.” She weezed. “Move this box.” She spoke up and I looked behind in the seat remembering August’s ‘package’. I hadn’t even noticed it.

“Oh sure honey.” I unbuckled my seatbelt and reached behind for the medium sized box, that was had a bow on it and read Giuseppe Zanotti across it.

Oh. My. God.

I can’t even really afford something from him. I’d have to ask Daddy for money.

What is wrong with this man with all these expensive gifts? I was tempted to open it but I drove away instead , thinking of Kaitlyn.  As I drove home, I sat there thinking. Thinking of how I called Kaitlyn mine today.  I really did.

August and I’s relationship must be going somewhere if I actually think of Kaitlyn as my daughter. I love her and I know I love him, but I guess me calling her mine, made me think about how much I really love this guy with the month name. He must mean more than something to me.  A pothole has been filled today and I covered it with Commitment.

Something I’ve always been afraid of. But I’m not sure if I’m fully committed to August yet, but I do know that I am to Kaitlyn. It scares me, to think one day she might wake up and start calling me Mommy. How beautiful. I lost one baby and gained another.

I smiled to myself driving through traffic. I would never want August to stop loving me, since I’ve finally gotten him to start. He says he always has, but I feel it now more than ever before. I know it will hurt him when he finds out that he has some unknown brother who has been on this earth probably searching for him for years. It’ll sting, and I want to be there to lick his wounds. I just don’t know if me telling him is the right decision.

His mother needs to tell him, not me. She’ll probably hate me for forever and a day if I were to give August his brother’s number.  And that’s the last thing I want to happen. To come between family business and cause August to potentially go back to the place of distance him and his mother had before.

I was about to drive up the driveway to August’s house but I kept driving until I was at his Mother’s. She was home. I turned the car engine off and collected Kaitlyn and her things.

“Come on baby. Let’s go see your Grandma.” I held her over my shoulder and she was already half asleep.

I rang the doorbell and she opened. “Back so soon!” She grinned taking Kaitlyn from me, allowing me to come inside.

“Yes. Kay is not feeling so well. And August and I have…you know. Therapy.” I fondled with my fingers feeling the anxiety build up in my belly.