Chapter-32

The next morning she walks to find her sleeping alone on the bed. She wakes up and looks around but he was gone, he must snaked out early in the morning she thinks. She gets out of the bed stretching when she hears her grandmother, good morning my puppy her grandmother says as she walks inside her room. Good morning daadi she says and smiles at her, come out when you're done. We’ll have breakfast she says and heads outside; Riya gets out of the end and grabs her phone finding a message from Arjun. Good morning Love, I had to leave since I didn't want your grandma finding me on your bed but don’t worry I'll come back soon Love you it said. Smiling she heads into the shower and then gets dressed.

All dressed she walks into the kitchen finding her grandparent's. Good morning she says as she walks closer to them when she finds Arjun sitting by the dining table; surprised she looks at him and then at her grandparents. W...what are you going here Arjun she says looking at him? I came to take you back home since you said you'll be heading back home he says; Riya looks at her grandpa who seemed normal. Dada she says looking at him, I know since you're daadi told me about it last night he says. She looks between then in an awkward silence, Arjun looked at her and winked looking at her, and Riya tries her best holding back her smile. She looks at her grandmother looked unbothered by the situation at all, sit down Riya we’ll have our breakfast first he says. Ahh yea sure she says and sits across Arjun.

After breakfast Arjun joined Riya and her grandfather for a cup of tea by the garden. They walk back in a while, dada she says looking at him; he finally smiled looking at her. You're not angry at me anymore she says looking at him? I was never angry at you dear he says patting her head she smiled at him, I've heard everything from you're grandma and I'm glad you guys could talk it out he says looking between Arjun and Riya. They just smile at each other, Arjun you better not make her cry like that again he says. I won't and I promise he says, and then you better keep your promise he says. Riya's daadi walks to them in a while with a few packages; here you go my puppy, I've made some cookies for you she says; thank you daadi she days and takes them. We will be leaving now she says looking at her grandma, I'm glad you were comfortable here with us Riya I was so happy the entire time you were here you'll come back to visit us again she asks Riya? Sure I will she says and hugs her grandma. After the goodbyes they finally leave.

It was past 5 by the time they reach home. Riya and Arjun walk to the door and stop there, Arjun takes her hand in his looking at her. Ready to waking in together he asks her? I'm always ready she says smiling at him let's go he says and they walks inside. That night after dinner head back to bed, Arjun inhales and then exhales a sharp breathe as he holds Riya closer in his arms; I'm really happy that your back home love he says. Riya looks at him, I missed this she says. Me too he says and kisses her forehead; hey she says looking at him. What's wrong he asks her? Can I know what happened after that she asks him? After what, he says looking at her. After Vedika's wedding when we met next she asks him, well after the wedding our schedules were really different and I had to travel abroad a lot of times. We did exchange our contacts but never really contacted each other, I sometimes mustered up some courage to make the first move but then I didn't know what you think about me back then so I just couldn't and them I finally saw you again. That day just felt like the best day of my life. I still remembered that day really well.

It was your parent’s 25 years wedding anniversary and there was a party hosted, my parents were invited and I joined them there. I never even thought I'd see you there, we walked inside and your father welcomed us inside. The party did start that day but your father refused to raise the toast until his daughter arrived, I was like what kind of daughter would be this late at her own parent’s anniversary party. Everyone's eyes we're to the door waiting for her to come.

Arjun walks to his mother who shared a drink with her dad. Mom, what kind of a daughter would be this late on an important day like this; I'm sure she's just trying to avoid all this he says. His mother gives him look and she finally starts speaking, you can't judge people like that Arjun. I've heard she's a doctor and she's the one who organized the party. I'm sure this must be been a lot for her to handle, above all that shouldn't she dress up before she comes here; she's the daughter of the most influential man after all she says. Well I don't know mom, women are just complicated and there's only one such women who I think is just less complicated and cute he says. Look, there she is his mother says, out of curiosity Arjun turns around looking at her. What, Arjun says the moment he kay his eyes in her. He couldn't stop looking at her from the moment she saw her. Riya, he says looking at her, you know her; his mother says looking at him. Ah yea kind of, we have the same friend circle and we happened to meet at Ved's wedding last time he says