Chapter-27

Riya was taken by surprise as she hears Nisha speaks on the phone. You need to hurry babe she says. I'll be there she says and the call ends, Riya gets dressed and rushes out of the house. She drives to the hospital and finds the emergency ward flooded with patients, she rushed inside when she finds Nisha crowded with people; her clothes were stained with blood and everything looked like a mess inside. I'll be back in a minute Riya says and runs to her cabin, Riya still felt traumatic to the sight of blood and she was trying her best to hold herself straight. She falls back on her chair as she enters her cabin; she calms herself down and takes her medicine.

Dr. Jose enters her cabin, I know you're still not okay to the things that are happening but I will not force you into anything. You can only come down there only if you're okay, I can't take the risk of anyone's life. Not yours and not anyone's out there he says, before Riya could respond he rushed out of her cabin answering the call. Riya closes her eyes and takes a deep breath before and stood up, she thinks back to the time when she saw Avi bleed and the time where she saved him. You can do it Riya I know you will she hears a voice in her head, she closes her eyes once again when she sees Arjun's face; you are the bravest women love ho for it. Riya eyes flash open when she hears his voice, this is happening again she says. Riya grabs her bottle gulps down th water, as though he was right there with her she heard his voice ringing in her ears again and again. I need to do this she says taking a deep breath

She then quickly gets changed and rushed down towards the ward; the nurse updates her about the situation. It's a massive road accident, the bu s crashes into the divider followed by several cars behind them; so far 8 of them are dead and 15 of them are critical she says. Ok I'll take it from here she says, Riya tries her best to treat the major injuries and send the critical patient into the operative room.

It's was 6 in the evening by the time the situation calmed down, the deceased person and the family were sent to the mortuary unit and few of the patients were still in the ICU. Many patients had fractures and some of them lost their limps, she walks through the beds checking into the patients when someone tugs her coat from behind. She turns to find a boy behind her, he looked like a 6 year old; she smiles and kneels down in front of him. Hello there she says looking at him, he looks at her without response. You are a doctor right he says looking at her, yes I am; are you in pain somewhere she asks him? No but daddy is hurt. He's not waking up no matter what I do, please tell him to wake up he says. He takes Riya by her hand and walks her into the ward room, the boy runs further inside to his daddy and shakes him awake but he doesn't respond. Daddy, the doctor is here and you will be fine, please wake up daddy he said shaking his father awake. Riya looks at his dad who lay in the bed cold and dead, tears fill her eyes looking at the boy; he looks at Riya and starts crying. Please tell my daddy to wake up he says crying loudly, Riya walks to him and pulls him towards her hugging the boy. I'm sorry baby but there's nothing I can do she says, why can't you do anything. My daddy is a soldier, he is really strong and fought many bad guys, and he is in pain right now that's all. You people are lying to me I know that he is fine he says and rushes out crying, Riya walks to the boy's father and cover his body with a blanket. She couldn't stop the tears rolling down her cheek; she turns and rushes out finding the boy. He looked helpless and lonely as he asked for help, please save my daddy he asked everyone around, Riya walks to him. Come with me she says and takes him back to his dad, you need say good bye to your daddy so that we can send him away she says.

A nurse approaches Riya holding the person's card, Dr. Nisha asked me to hand this to you; she a little busy with other patient right now she say. Yea sure I'll take it from here Riya says. Where's the kids mother she asks the nurse, he doesn't have mother; he's the single parent she says looking the boy's dad. Riya looks at the boy who stared at his dead father; she kneels down in front of the body and takes his tiny hands in hers. Did you say good bye to your daddy she asks him? He nods as tears roll down his tiny cheeks. She hugs him to her chest slowly patting his back; she didn't know what she had to say to the boy. Riya figured the boy knew his father was dead; all she did was hold the boy in his arms trying to make him feel better.