Chapter-2

Riya rushed inside Vedika’s house. A while ago when she was woken up by a phone call that made her run like she is crazy. She walks catching her breathe into the backyard and finds Ved and Nisha standing outside the backyard laughing as they fool around with some paint. Nisha turns to her and looks at her confused, Riya you look like you just woke up from your sleep she says walking to her; where Vedika? I don’t see her around she says looking around when Arjun comes out to the backyard holding cup of coffee. Hey Ved he calls when he eye's fall on Riya, he looks at her confused. Is this a new style? Coming to the birthday party just after your sleep he says. Shut up, it's because you called me out in a hurry I thought something was wrong; you know how fast I drove here. I would've been dead if I hadn't dodged the truck coming my way she yells. She was annoyed he played such a trick on her and she couldn’t face him like this. Without another word she walks back to her car. Hey Riya come back I'm sorry I didn't mean to he says. The word come back ringed in her ears as she froze in her place, what did you says she asks him still not turning to him? I said I was sorry and for you to come join us here he says. You don’t have to tell me what to do so you better not play tricks like these on me anymore she says, Riya lets her hand free from his grasp and walks to her car and drives away angrily, she later comes back dressed. Everything was ready by the time she arrived, she parked her car and walked inside. As she entered Arjun noticed her, he couldn't just stop staring at her; she wears a high wasted mini floral printed blues skirt with a yellow colored sweat shirt matching them with a pair of boots. She ignores him and walks to Vedika, happy birthday babe se sad and hugs her. Thank you so much, I so glad you came back I was afraid you would she says. After breakfast they gather around having fun, Arjun sat across Riya with the guys laughing his lungs and Riya sits by the balcony, she took a glance at him now and then just to find him happy as always. She sips coffee from her mug looking away. She feels a ting of sadness whenever she looked at him, and him being happy made her feel bad for her, I feel so pathetic to be holding on to him all these years when he’s already let everything go she thinks. She looks into the sky when she feels a pat on her shoulder, turning around she finds Vedika; you ok babe. You look kind of sad she says, Riya smiles at her; I'm fine she says faking it, stop pretending when you can't even she says. You know I'm right here if you want to talk about it she says. I know but there is nothing to talk about, it's always the same Vedika she says not looking at her, she gets up from her seat and hugs her. I hope I can get through this and move on just the way he’s done it she says. I'm sure you'll sort it out Vedika replies; now c'mon it's getting late we're leaving for lunch and later party she says, yea whatever you say it’s your day after all she says smiling at her.

Riya walks to her car when Nisha calls put for her, hey remember I told you about Niel she says when a good looking man walks behind Nisha smiling. It's been a while Riya he says offering his hand, yes I remember. How are you Niel and when did you come back Riya says smiling at him, its been like a month already he says; its really nice seeing you he says. I didn't expect to see you here Riya says, well I was invited too he says. So let's go, I'll give you a ride he says. She looks at Nisha, she nods at her. Sure lets go she says and they walk to his car, Akash who watched all of it wouldn't stop looking at Riya. He had strange look on his, Nisha who watched him walked to him; what's wrong Akash she asks him? Nothing, I was just thinking that's all. We would go I guess he says and walked away, he's acting wierd these days she says and walked away. After a sort drive they reached Taj hotel in a while, she was about to get down when Niel open the car door for her. She gets down the car with a faint smile and enters the hotel; she sits next to Nisha while Arjun was looking down at his hands, he seems upset about something; after their meal they head towards the pool table, everyone starts playing at the pool table. But all she could was look at Arjun as he wad laughing out loud, his voice was the only thing she heard and that bothered her way too much; he spoke to her once or twice while lunch but she couldn’t just talk back normally. All she could do was just look at him from afar, she looks at him lost in her thoughts when Niel comes and sits next to her. Hey why aren't you playing c'mon he says holding her hand; she looks at others who are busy playing when the only person who glanced at her was Arjun. Honestly I don't know this game she says, no worries I'll teach you how to play pool come on now he says pulling her out of her seat. Riya holds the stick and Neil helps her hit the balls, with each hit all the balls were inside the hole; see its not that hard no is it he says. For a while Riya looked happy letting go of all her thoughts, she smiled whole heartedly. As the game continued she glanced at Arjun when she notices the sudden change in this expression but he doesn't react, inspite of him staring Riya continued what she was doing.