Chapter-31

The next morning Riya sits on the couch sipping some lemon tea, her cramps have been severing since the last night and they didn't seem to subside. Arjun walks to her with some breakfast and settles down next to her, here you go some toast and eggs he says and hands her the plate. Riya bring the plate closer when she could smell the food that made her feel nauseous. Trying not to be obvious she takes a few bits of the food, after a few bits Arjun hands her a glass of water. She takes a few sips, Arjun she says looking at him. What, what's wrong he says looking at her? I can't eat this anymore she says and runs into the kitchen. And just as she reached the kitchen she throws up everything she just had, Arjun was by her side the next second. He slowly pats her back holding her hair behind; when she was done she starts to feel her legs weak. He walks her back to the couch and she lie back on the couch, want me to get something for you he asks her? She looks at him and finds him worried. I want you to stop getting worked up, I'll be fine; I know I might get sensitive sometime and start crying or sometime even start yelling at you but it's all because of my hormones and I've been working a lot lately and that's why I feel so weak she says. But don't you think you're sick, you hardly eat anything and throwing up everything you eat. At this rate you'll faint Arjun says, I'm fine I promise she says; you always say that Love he says. Want to get showered you'll feel better Arjun asks her? Sure I will she says.

Later Riya walks out of the shower and gets changed into something comfortable, she looks around for him and doesn't find him around. She walks out of the room finding him downstairs. Arjun turns to her once the call ended, you’re feeling better he asks her handing her a cup of warm water. Yes just fine for now she says, ok then come here he says and takes her inside. He sits her on the couch as she looks up at him, I'll be out for a while. There something I need to take care of, call me no matter what ok he says looking at her. Sure I'll call you she says, Arjun kneels down in front of her taking her hands in his. I'm sorry I have to leave now but take care ok he says, she smiles at him; don’t worry I'll be fine she says. He then kisses her palm and her forehead.

Later Arjun leaves and Riya settles down on the couch watching TV. Scotch walks to her and settles form next to her, hey baby she says patting his head; she rests for a while on the couch plying with scotch. It's was a fine afternoon and Riya walks into the kitchen for some water, she heads back with a glass finding her phone buzzing. She answers the call and the head nurse from the hospital speaks. Hello Dr. Riya, it's an emergency and Dr. Jose asked me to call you she says; oh I'll be there she says. Riya puts her phone away and taes a deep breath, I know he told me to stay out but this is work and I'm sure if not for an emergency they would never call me on my day off she thinks. My cramps have gone down and I feel a little better, do maybe a little work wouldn't kill me she thinks, she then freshens up and gets changed before she rushed downstairs and out of the house. On the way she calls Arjun but he wouldn't pick her calls, who was the one who said would pick my calls no matter what she says as she drives back to the hospital as fast as she could.

It was a matter of time until she was inside; the head nurse fills her up with all the necessary information as she heads inside her cabin. Nisha walks into her cabin looking worried, will you be fine. I heard from Arjun this morning how bad was your condition Nisha says. I'm still sore but I want to do this, I get my period every month and a few hours of working won't be killing me she says as she gets changed. Riya you know that's not want I meant she says, I know and I'm sorry I just feel flustered right now she says. Calm down babe she says and she makes her sit down on her chair, she hands her a bottle of water. Drink this take a deep breath. Go in there and don't rush things up ok Nisha says? Yea and I Love you Nisha she says. I know and I Love you too now go she says and sends her off. All set Riya walks into the operating theatre and gets ready, in a while she meets Dr. Jose inside the theater. She assisted him throughout the surgery and she could feel her pain now and then, 30 minutes were left until the operation ended when she suddenly felt her eyes getting heavy. Fighting back everything she continues with the operation, Riya you okay he Dr. Jose asks her? Yea I'm fine she says blinking away her fatigue.