Chapter-17

Riya was seated inside the car as Arjun spoke to the office, she looks at the cut that had ripped her dress piercing her skin; she knew if Arjun found out he would end up killing him. Riya chose to keep quite nit letting him know. In a while Arjun comes back, is everything okay she asks him? Yes he's been taken away he says. She takes a glance at him but Arjun still looked away, Riya reaches for him holding his hand. I know you feel sorry but I understand, I try to let go everything even when I know they would still do the same but looks like I've someone who protects me and makes me understand forgiving will not always do good for us she says. He pulls her into his embrace, I'm sorry love he says he says; I'm not upset so dont worry she says returning the hug. Are you hurt he says and checks on her. I'm fine but my dress isn't; this was my favorite though she says. We could get you another one but first learn to worry about yourself he says; he then takes off his jacket and help her wear it, come on now let's get out of here he says.

Later they walks through the streets looking around; you should really have some self control Arjun. You can't lose your patience like that she says holding his gaze. I know but when he's hurting you I can't just stand watch. I'll be happy to kill him if he even thinks of getting closer to you he says, I hope you really don't get yourself into trouble he says; ok I won't he says and smiles at her. It was past dawn as she looks at the sky and turns to Arjun looking at him. Stay here she says and runs towards the car, he calls out for her but she doesn't respond; she then comes back in a while with her hands behind. What is that in your hand he asks her? You'll find out but you'll have to come with she says, she walks backwards looking at him as he follows her. You might bump into someone and fall at this rate he says, I won't as long as you are right in front of me she says. She finally stops in front of the car and he stops in front of her, close your eyes she says; he does as she asks him to do. She then steps closer to him and stands on her toes as she ties the satin cloth over his eyes, he slides his hands around her waist and pulls her closer. You really shouldn't fool around with me he whispers into her ears, she pulls away at once; you better be good and do as I say she says. Ok now where are we going he says as she helps him into the car and the driver drives them.

After a short drive they finally stop and get down the car. Riya takes his hands and walks him holding his hand, Riya I'm starting to get impatient now he says. Hang in there were almost there she says and finally stops. She lets the satin cloth loose and Arjun blinks open his eyes to find the sun turned orange in front of his eyes. There were no people around, and it felt like it was only them left behind. Arjun blinks a few time taking in the beautiful view in front of his eyes; you know they say if a couple come here and watch the sunset together they will stay together for a lifetime. I know that sounds a little silly but I wanted to give it a try she says looking at the sky afar. Arjun turns to Riya and looks at her, you know you just gave me a most beautiful memory and it was worth waiting for he says. He turns to her and pulls her into a hug, thank you for bringing me here he says.

They sit together watching the sun slowly go down, Riya rests her head her his shoulder as she looks up the night sky; Arjun wraps his hands around her and draws circles on her palm as he listens to her. You know when I was a kid my grandpa used to tell all these stars in the sky are angels; and when you see a shooting star it means you just saw an angel coming to earth. Since then whenever I spotted a shooting star I made a wish so that the angel could make them come true, and it actually happened. Whenever I wished for something it always came true; I actually started to believe that angels actually existed. Then one day my grandpa left me and since then none of my wish came true; that's when I realised he was the angel who made my wishes come true and when he was no more I had no one to watch the stars with. But I guess I finally have someone by my side, who listens to anything and everything I say she says; then why don't you make a wish now he says? She smiles I don't think I have to she says. I don't want anything more or less now that I have you by my side she says, my angel is always next to me she says. Aren't angels' females; when you say it like that that sounds a little wierd he says; angels have males too. Didn't you watch cartoon when you were a kid, I'm sure you've never seen one she says. No I did see one he says; then you should know about all of this you silly she say, I don't about that but I did see an angel for real he says, and how was she Riya asked him. Arjun takes a minute thinking back. I think it was about 4 years ago when I was at my friend's wedding; I remember we were in Dandeli. That night I went on a walk and came back when I saw a girl in white casuals, she climbed the compound wall looking for ways to jump down; I stopped at my tracks looking at her when she saw me. She signed me to come closer. I then agreed to help here and gave her my hand, she jumped down the wall and fell into my arms and before we knew we were on the road and she lay on top of me he says. Riya turns to look at him as though she knew what happened later, Arjun you better stop; you can't fool me like this she says. no I wasn't I'm just telling you I found my angel then and there he says, she ignores him and gets on her feet. Oh god its already late and I'm hungry lets go back she says as she walks past him. Wait but I'm not done yet he says following her. I don't want to listen to it anymore she says running away from him; weren't you the one who asked for it he says and runs behind her.