Chapter-8

After Ved rushed to Arjun and Riya they quickly go to Ved's room. Riya finds Vedika lying on the bed, she checks on her when she’s reminded of her low blood pressure, she turns to Ved and speaks. Did she take her meds earlier he asks? Yes she did, I have hem to her last night before she wen to bed he says; I'll check on her she says and tests her blood pressure. Did you notice anything unusual, Riya asks him? She holds onto me when we sleep until I wake up in the morning. But today she really quite in her sleep, I tried to wake her but she wasn't awake. That's when I thought something was wrong, I did check on her blood pressure but it was totally fine, maybe we must take her to the hospital he says looking worried. Riya checks her bag and finds a few sedatives inside, you guys should go our; and you're not coming back until I call. Trust me and wait outside, don't you worry she’ll be fine; l'll keep a watch on her she says and sits next to her on the bed. Arjun walks Ved out of the room for some fresh air, time goes by and Riya falls asleep on the chair looking at Vedika. Riya’s suddenly woken and doesn't find Vedika was not on her bed; she looks around and finds her walking out of the bathroom. She smiles at Riya as she finds her looking at her. Riya rushed to her and hugs, what’s wrong with you; how could you take sedatives like that. What was I supposed to do when something went wrong with you Riya as tearing up. You scared me to death she says clinging to Vedika. I'm sorry babe it's totally my fault she says hugging her back. Riya sobs as she sees her best friend finally awake after being unconscious for almost 1 day, Vedika pulls away wiping the tears off her face. I'm sorry, I know I shouldn't have but I just couldn't take it anymore she says. Riya looks at her confused, what do you mean? She asks looking at her. Tears roll down her cheek as she looks down, Riya takes her by her shoulder and sits her on the bed. Hey what's wrong, did you have a fight with Ved she asks? Vedika nods denying it, Riya waits for her to speak. Riya I got my routine checkup done last week and the reports were out yesterday days ago she continues. It looks like I cannot be a mother anymore; I cannot give him children when he loves them so much she says and continues to cry. I never want to make him sad and I just can't even imagine how he'd feel when he hears this from me she says sobbing. Hey are you sure about it Riya asks holding her face between her hands? I sure Riya, it's chronic fibroid uterus, I've had a feeling since 2 months due to heavy cramps but never knew this would happen. I need to undergo a surgery for now, but the chance of gestation is really low and nearly impossible. Riya stays quite for a second before speaking; hey this doesn't mean he’ll stop loving you. He Loves you and cares for you too much she says, but I can never make him happy Vedika cuts her off. Riya opens her mouth to speak when she's interrupted by a voice from behind. They turn towards the door and find Ved and Arjun at the front door. I'll never stop loving you just because we'll never have kids he says as he stands in front of the door. I know it's been hard on you these days but you don't make me sad and what makes you think you can't make me happy for not having kids. You make me the happiest man ever. It’s ok if we can't have kids as long as you are by my side he says and walks towards her, he kneels down in front of her wiping the tears off her face. Shh, stop crying let it go and don't let this weigh you anymore; it's not your fault you're facing all this. You are important to me more than anything else, I Love you babe just remember that ok he says smiling at her. She smiles back at him and hugs him, I Love you too Ved and I'm sorry I couldn't tell you earlier she says. It’s ok as along as you're safe he says, Riya quietly gets out of their room with Arjun.

That evening they walk along the shore; Arjun looks at Riya as she doesn't utter a word since they walked out of the room. She holds Arjun's hand and rests her head on his shoulder as they slowly walk by the shore. Hey you've been quite all along what's wrong he asks as he draws circles on her hand with his thumb. She lifts her head and looks at him, I'm just worried about Vedika; it must be so hard for her and I hope she gets through it she says. Hey look at me as says and she turns towards him. Don't worry; she will be fine and Ved will never let her down so stop worrying about her. All if his must've been painful for her and since she thought she would disappoint Ved she must've taken that step he says. She nods finally smiling at him; her stomach starts to growl and she holds her stomach looking away. He laughs, c'mon let's get you some food he says. Stop making fun of me, that's something natural she says as he fools around with her walking back to the hotel. Later they take their seat by the corner table where the shore was visible. She starts eating from her plate looking down and takes a sip of wine from her glass as he stares at her eating, he smiles at every moment of her. She lifts her head when she sees him looking at her as he eats his food. What’s wrong she asks. He shakes his head, nothing. Its feels so nice looking at you so peacefully eating and smiling at your food he says. Are you messing with me again she says taking a sip from her glass. If it seems like that to you then let’s say yes he says finally looking at his plate. Arjun, she says when he starts laughing, what! I was being serious he says as he takes a sip too. She looks at him annoyed. Want some he says bringing a spoonful closer to her mouth, I’ve finished my part and I’m full she says ignoring him. C’mon just one bite he says looking at her with doe eyes. She smiles and takes the spoonful into her mouth, they finish their dinner and walk out of the restaurant, Arjun holds her hand in his as they walk along the shore as the waves hit their feet. They later sit down by the shore; Riya hugs herself as she looks at the sky. He looks at her and takes off his jacket putting it around her shoulder. She looks at him smiling and leans her head against his chest adjusting herself in his embrace, aren’t you cold? Shall we go back inside he asks. No let’s stay her like this, I don’t want to go back inside and I don’t know if we’ll be able to have this moment again so I want to save it she says. He smiles and softly kisses on her head. He lays back on the sand as she follows his lead resting her head against his chest listening to his heart beats. He embraces her in his arm as the other rests behind his head, her arms wrap around his as they look at the stars in the dark sky. You know I’ve been wanting to see this day for a while now, you embraced in my arms like this looking at the sky full of stars and I really hope we’ll have more days like this he says. She lifts her heads and looks at him, he smiles at her, I Love you Arjun she says kissing on his cheek. I Love you too and I’m really happy today, It felt like forever for this day to come; thank you for coming back to me she says. It was supposed to be like this love he says kissing her on her forehead. I guess it was she says, in a while she drifts off to sleep in his embrace. He smiles at her words slowly closing his eyes.