Chapter-22

It was past 12 in the middle of the night when Riya suddenly wakes up panting, she had another nightmare and she found it hard to fall asleep again. She gets out of the bed when she suddenly starts feeling dizzy, she holds onto the table next to her bed when she realizes she hadn't had a proper meal since the day she was there. She had been surviving over water, she grabs the water bottle but it was empty, she then slowly walks to the door and hold the knob. Before she opened the door as he hears voices outside the door, be quick and make sure you guys shift everything by morning I don't want to leave anything here she hears Akash's voice. Did you find anyone suspicious around the mansion he asks one of his men? No sir one of his men replied. Good then there won't be any problem leaving this place and by tomorrow we'll be flying to Bangkok and no one even notice it Akash says. Riya gets astonished and leaves the door knob at once; she quickly walks back to her bed when she accidentally drops the bottle on the floor. She panicked as she looked at the door, she could hear the door knob being pressed. Akash opens the door at once when he finds Riya on her bed fast asleep and the bottle on the floor; he walks closer to her and finds the bottle empty. He looks at the window and figures out it might have fallen because of the wind, he checks her one last time before he walks out of the room. Riya gets up from the bed and looks at the door; whatever you're planning I'll make sure it never happens she says to herself.

The next morning when Arjun rushes out of his office, sir Sandeep calls out for him. I'm in a hurry Sandeep make sure you take care of everything and inform dad he says and rushed out in a hurry. He starts his car and drives as fast s he could, he reaches the station in less than 10 minutes. What's happening he says looking at everyone; we can start moving Arjun. We found his hideout he stays, it's a mansion to be precise and it's about almost on the outskirts, it's been abandoned for a few years and people hardly go there; I dug more about it and found it belongs to the parliament member around that place, my officer found a few men dressed in black lurking in and out of the place. There were goods being moved in and out of the mansion last night and my men have been in stand-by since then the inspector says. No wonder we couldn't get him sooner, let's go then Arjun says.

The inspector and his team with Arjun start off to the location. Arjun parks his car at a distance and looks ahead at the place that lead a path into the woods. They wait there for a while and a car moves inside the woods, inspector walks to Arjun's car and sits inside, there's a way inside form the back road, we shall enter form there and wait until there is any moment he says. Arjun agrees and starts driving; on the way he gets a call from Riya's father. Hello he speaks, you will not let him go no matter what Arjun, he tried hurting my daughter and today he shall pay for what he's done so you better get your hands on the guy he says. I won't let him get away that easily so don't you worry dad. I'll keep you updated he says and the call ends. Arjun puts his phone away he slowly moved his car inside the wood from the back door. After a 10 minutes drive they finally see the mansion, it was big enough for a dozen people to stay. This is guy is really something the inspector says, he's been troubling me for a long time now and it's finally time to put an end to him Arjun speaks.

Riya wanders here and there and she was clearly panicking, last night she just over heard the conversation between Akash and his men and it was sure that he's going to take her away and there won't be a way out of this. She sits by the corner of the bed thinking of a way out. This can't be happening I have to get out of here she says to herself. She thinks of ways to get out of the mansion when Akash walks into the room, good morning sweetheart he says as he walks into the room with breakfast. She doesn't respond and turns away from him; he pulls a chair and sits facing her holding the plate. You can be angry on me for as long as you wish but you have to eat this today, you've not eaten anything since the time I've got you here and this is really enough. Now be nice and eat he says offering her the plate, she pushes the plate as it fall on the floor and scatters into pieces. Akash looks at the plate and then back at her, don't you understand when say I don't want to eat anything and stay away from me. She yells at him, ok I'll stay away but for how long do you think we can stay like this. One day you'll have no choice but accept me he says as he walks to the balcony. Riya looks down at the floor and she couldn't even think of staying like this for one more day. She looks at the scattered glass on the floor; she gets on her feet and rushes forward quickly grabbing a piece of glass. Akash turns to her when he finds her holding a glass piece against her wrist; he takes a step towards her. One more step Akash and I'm going to slit my wrist she says looking at him.