Chapter 35

Paige💎
Me and abbey were out getting lunch and all we did was laugh. She was the type of person I needed in my life at the moment. She was sweet, kind and pretty and that's just a bonus.

"check please?" Abbey asked the waiter.

"I'll be right back with it." he said giving a warm grin.

"abbey?" What are you doing here?" She heard her best friend Sophie, who also played at Purdue say.

"Oh I'm just out, getting lunch, with Paige." She said turning all the attention to me.

"hey, I'm Sophie, Sophie Swanson." She said giving her hand to me to shake.

"Paige Bueckers." I said smiling.

"here, I'll be back I need napkins." Abbey said walking off.

"how did she get you come out with her?" Sophie asked me.

"She just asked me to come get lunch with her." I said drinking my Shirley temple.

"the fact that she built up the courage to even speak to you is mind blowing, I see she's getting out that stage." Sophie said laughing.

"What stage?" I said completely confused.

"the phase where she says dumb stuff to people she's had crushes on." Sophie said in a duh tone.

"me? Abbey has a crush on me?" I said being completely shocked.

"girl yes. It's gotten to the point where if you tell her to jump, she'll ask how high." Sophie said laughing. "but don't tell her I told you, see you around?." She said walking off.

"um, yea, sure." I said being still shocked. Also seeing my phone ring, it was kk.

"girl, geno is heated. He's demanding answers as to why you didn't tell him you were in the portal." kk said real fast.

"because i wasn't sure, and im not in the portal, im just looking." I said laughing.

COACH G- why didn't you tell me you were in the portal? 😡

Paige B.- I'm not in the portal, I just came to visit to see if transferring here is what I really wanted to do.

Coach G- still! Talking to us about it would have been nice, not just sneaking off to Indiana.

Paige B.- look I'm sorry can we talk about this when I get back?

Coach G- I guess so.

"I just got done texting him, thanks for calling me letting me know." I said to kk.

"no problem, how you holding up?"

"good so far, at this point. I'm getting lunch with one of the players." I said back to the line as I seen abbey come back with the check and napkins.

"you're already replacing me crazy." Kk said sadly. "Or is it more than a crush? More than a like like? More than a love?" I heard her say which made me laugh.

"girl. look she's back I'll call you later." I said laughing in the phone. "And nobody could ever replace you." I said.

"I'm knowing, I'm it on a stick, I'm so thick take a pic." Kk said which really made me laugh cause she so corny.

"bye chile." I said

"bye bye." She said hanging up.

"you do realize I'm not gonna let you pay for the check right?" I said smiling sliding the check over.

"I got it, I asked you to lunch remember?" Abbey said trying to get the check back and laughing.

"yea but you drove, I can get it." I said taking my wallet out paying the check + leaving a tip as we walked out.