Chapter 38

ROMELLO ||

Tired. So damn tired. It's the only thing that's kept me from losing my mind in my extreme exhaustion. The fact that I could feel myself slipping. If I could feel the exhaustion then I wasn't dead.

Although it sure felt like it. My body feels like it's been ripped apart, only to be sloppily put back together. Some parts are numb, some parts are a blazing inferno of agony and the other parts are so scarred from my lack of healing that I don't even look under the blanket anymore.

My neck is killing me. The soreness hasn't worn out despite me being here for two days already. It still aches. I can't twist it, eating is terrifying and breathing has become a true struggle. My ribs are still healing but it's slow. So slow. Too slow.

Thank Goddess that Shiro absorbed l the attack with Sebastian's wolf and Titus' wolf but the attack with just me and my mate in our forms, yeah that was all me.

My eyes close as another sharp wave of pain hits me that I can't even cry out from. I feel Sienna, Bray and Ryker rushing to my side, touching me, making everything worse, but they don't know that because I can't tell them. I can't even access the pack link because Shiro is so down right now, he can't even lift his head due to his own healing.

I just endure their fussing hands, causing prickling spikes of rage to burn through my senses. It's too much. Too much pain.

"Mell? Boo, are you alright?" Sienna panics. That's her. She's the only soft spoken one in the room when she's under pressure.

I just wish she could realize her hands on my chest was causing it to feel like it was caving in.

"Romello, can you hear us?" I place Bray's voice and I hear the machines going off due to my blood pressure spiking.

His hands grip my arm, it's gentle in its right but too firm for my body to handle right now.

The machines blare and I hear Ryker scream from Enzo through the pack link. He doesn't call for Titus. He calls for Enzo.

They don't know the machines are angry because they're touching me. They're making it all worse. I can handle the pain when I'm left to my own misery. Just don't touch me.

Enzo knew that. He could read me like nobody else could. Not even Titus.

"Oh shit, don't touch him!"

"What? He's in pain, we need to help him!"

"Enzo just said not to touch him! Move your fucking hands!" That was Ryker's voice. I know it. That man cussed like Titus did. He doesn't mean to be mean, that's just who he is.

It's a wave of relief that washes over me when their hands retreat and the agony they were causing slowly goes with them.

My body begins to come down, the pain starting to fade away. I can finally open my eyes again to see Sienna looking down on me with tear filled eyes. Bray has a deep frown that I find funny because he's always so serious and Ryker's eyes are glossed over, no doubt linking Enzo.

Enzo left his link open to me. Just me. So I can hear him talking to Ryker right now. It's so weird to hear inside someone else's head but it brings me comfort that I can. Enzo brings me comfort.

When he tells Ryker that he will come straight after his shift on border patrol, I feel myself relax into the bed. I trusted Sienna, Ryker and Bray. They were some of the best fighters in the pack. Ryker was the Gamma leader, Bray was one of his front line warriors and Sienna was a force to be reckoned with.

I knew they could protect me if need be, but I missed Enzo. My head stays still but my eyes move to clock on the by the wall mounted TV.

9:02pm.

𝐀𝐋𝐏𝐇𝐀 𝐓𝐈𝐓𝐔𝐒  [ 𝐌𝐱𝐌 ]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara