Chapter 13

ROMELLO ||

Today was my very first shift at the pack hospital and in my opinion, over the last few hours, I've learned a lot.

Surprisingly treating werewolves wasn't that much different than treating humans except the difference in medications and getting used to the fact that sometimes injured patients would bring their mates with them - who would be in wolf form.

It was even stranger watching the mates in wolf form heal their mates and how unbothered Mathias, the other Doctors and my Dad seemed to be by it all - they actually welcomed the crazed, saliva wielding beasts.

Apparently your mate's saliva can change for what you need it to and if you were hurt and needed extra help healing, your mate can shift into their wolf and heal their mate ten times faster than they could in human form.

The beds here were even accommodating for wolf form as they were three times bigger than human hospital beds.

The anatomy of my patients were the same but Goddess almighty, everything else was so much different.

I was busy working in the emergency department today with the head Doctor, Mathias and my Dad.

A few minutes ago, we had a patient rush in with wolfsbane poisoning, so Mathias had me running around the place like a crazy man.

"Romello, let's get a saline drip on this patient please and then I need you to put in his chart that he needs Morphine as well. I'm going to get the stomach pump started." Mathias instructed as he started putting a stomach tube down the patient's throat.

The smell of the wolfsbane was nauseating and one of the nurses in the room was passing out masks for all of us as another two nurses were trying to wrangle the guy's mate that was in wolf form and growling in the corner of the room.

Keeping a cold side eye on the vicious wolf in the corner, I blink - trying to process everything that he just said and once I feel my Dad's hand on my shoulder, I snap out of my trance and get to work.

Quickly setting up an IV in the patient's arm and then hooking the saline bag to the IV pole, making sure that it was open and dripping properly, I then head over to the computer and put in for the morphine that Mathias requested.

"Mell, can you grab some more gloves out of the storage cabinet please?" Dad asks and I nod.

"Yeah of course," I reply, checking the cabinet in the room and realizing there was none here, I look at my Dad again. "I'll be right back." I say running out into the hallway.

Grabbing the gloves from the extra storage closet, I close the door to it and damn near jump out of my own skin when I hear someone else's voice flood my mind.

"You will be his soon." - The voice whispers below my ear and I stand frozen in place.

"And you will be of great use." - The voice whispers again and I swear to Goddess, I actually felt someone move my hair from my shoulder.

I turn around as quick as I could, ready to hit him with the glove box but I frown when I see that there was no one behind me.

So I take a deep breath and shake my head. "I must be tired, I need some coffee." I mumble to myself.

"Mell, I don't think you're that tired. Someone was definitely there." - Shiro whispers, the concern in his voice was loud and clear.

"Well there's nobody there now, Shy." - I yawn, grabbing more gloves from the cabinet before walking back into the hospital room.

I hand them to my Dad who puts them in their rightful spot on the wall before grabbing some out for himself and handing a pair to me also.

When I questioned why we needed gloves to handle the patient any further, Mathias explained that wolfsbane would burn the flesh of any wolf shifter, so I was grateful to my Dad for handing me the gloves because I definitely didn't want any parts of that.

𝐀𝐋𝐏𝐇𝐀 𝐓𝐈𝐓𝐔𝐒  [ 𝐌𝐱𝐌 ]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें