Chapter 3

ROMELLO ||

"Help please! My boyfriend was shot! We need Dr. Hall, please!" - The girl dragging the man asks for my Dad personally as my Dad races towards them.

Three others nurses rush towards the pair as I stare at the girl who's eyes continue to flicker as she watches me as well before snapping out of her trance and shoving the nurses back from the man in her arms.

"Please, ma'am, let's get him into this over room over here," One nurses pleads, gesturing towards an empty room. "Dr. Sturgeon is available."

"No!" The girl growls - she actually growled! "I only want Dr. Hall!"

My Dad then says something to the nurses that were pleading with the girl and they quickly back off as he grabs the guy's bleeding shoulder and tosses him over his shoulder, gesturing the woman towards one of the hallways that led to his back office.

"Romello," I blink, hearing my Dad's voice. "Follow me, son, now."

Immediately complying, I snap out of whatever that was and quickly catch up to my Dad and the other two people - or wolves.

Stopping outside of my Dad's office, he looks at me and nods. "Mello, grab the keys from my back pocket and open the door, quickly, please."

"Y-yes sir." I stumble through my words as I dig in his pocket and grab the keys, feeling the girl's eyes on me the whole time, I try to ignore her as I open the office door.

My hands were shaking so bad as I watch my Dad gently set the guy down on the black leather couch here in his office.

"Romello, open the black filing cabinet under my desk and get the black box out of there, please." Dad instructs again, putting pressure on the guy's wound as the girl takes a seat on the couch next to the guy.

Doing as I was told, I go behind my Dad's desk and I open the filing cabinet, hesitating when I see the black box but I grab it and push past my nerves to bring it to my Dad.

"Open it, please." He says, keeping pressure on the guy's wound as the guy hisses from the pain and when he does, his mouth falls open and my eyes widen when I see his canines.

To which Dad nods, "He's a werewolf."

Seeming stunned for a second, I nod again because that's about all I could do right now.

"Romello, I need you to come and put pressure on the wound," Dad groans as he shuffles past me to grab the black box, moving back to see that I was doing my job wrong due to my nerves.

"Here, like this," Dad whispers, grabbing my hands and guiding them. "Right there, a little more pressure," He says pressing my hands down harder on the guy's shoulder. "Hold pressure right there, perfect son."

Then Dad turns to look at the girl. "Miss?"

"Sienna," She answers and Dad nods while I'm still stuck on stupid with the fact that I'm in the presence of two other werewolves and I'm having my first experience with a gunshot wound of this caliber.

"What's your mate's name?" Dad asks and my attention shoots to the girl.

Mate? - So that wasn't something that Dad just made up? That's a real thing? How the heck can the Moon force two people to love each other? That just doesn't seem normal.

"His name is Bryce." Sienna replies and Dad sighs, looking down at the man.

"Bryce, I want you to take some deep breaths for me, ok," Dad nods. "This is going to hurt like hell." He says as Bryce does as he's told and then screams out in pain as Dad plunges the surgical tweezers into his shoulder.