Chapter 21

TITUS ||

I knew it, I knew it, I fucking knew it.

This situation wouldn't just be hard for me to handle as the Alpha of my pack, but also for Bryce and Sienna and their families as everyone had gathered in the livingroom of my packhouse.

Ryker and Bryce's parents, Mathias and Yara were sitting on one couch as Enzo and Sienna's parents, Frederick and Kora sat on the other, every one of them shaking their heads at the situation.

Ryker and his mate, Kyle were busy trying to break up the fight between Harlow and Sienna while Bryce was on the verge of having a panic attack in the corner of the room and Enzo was doing his best to try and comfort him.

I was pacing around the livingroom, hands on my hips, fuming at our current predicament as Mell tried his hardest to get me to sit down and stop pacing but I couldn't help it, this situation was totally fucked.

Harlow's mate marking her and then leaving her to fend for herself during her heat cycle, her scent no longer there — not faint, not changed — literally no longer there as if she didn't have a scent to begin with, which was odd because pregnant males and females always had a scent and it was always stronger than anyone else's for very specific reasons.

Plus the whole scent thing in the hallway of cells, I know there was someone else down there but I couldn't figure out who or what could have been because I didn't sense them on my lands. I didn't get nauseous, I didn't get that feeling of dread, I didn't feel anxious or on edge or anything.

Nothing about this was sitting well with me, much less Gemini as he had become increasingly agitated and that's saying something, seeing how the big fucking brute was always agitated.

"Fuck you." — Gemini huffs, baring his canines as if he actually pumped fear into my heart.

"Fuck you back." — I snarl.

"Dick." — He growls, his tail wagging through his playfulness.

"Pussy." — I tease, now enjoying childishness.

"Funny, that's something we won't ever get again, having a male for a mate." — Gemini chuckles and I immediately shake my head in response to that, trying my best to push him back into the shadows.

"At this point, a hole is a hole." — I shrug.

"Yeah, keep telling yourself that." — Gemini shakes his head, backing himself to the edge of the shadows to keep a watchful eye on the room.

Giving my wolf a mental shove, I focus back in on the room and the chaos that filled it. My eyes widening as I rush over to where Bryce had pinned Harlow to the wall, his hands wrapped around her throat.

Grabbing Bryce's hands, I try to pry them from her neck as she snickers.

"Oh I seem to have pissed off the father to my pup." Harlow giggles and Bryce slams her head into the wall once again, his hands tightening around her throat.

"He's not the father of that rogue pup," Sienna screams from the other side of the room as Ryker struggles to hold her back.

"Sienna," Enzo yells, approaching his little sister as he grabs hold of her face while Ryker secures her arms behind her back. "Stop, you're not making things any better, I know you're hurting, but you can't touch her, Kano will be fresh off your ass if you did."

That wasn't a lie. . . There's strict laws that protect pregnant males and females against any action that may be considered abusive and that includes verbal lashings.