Chapter 29

TITUS ||

I didn't necessarily like what Gemini pulled earlier but I couldn't exactly say I disagreed with it.

Mell had to learn that he couldn't question me like that in front of others, it didn't matter who it was. Enzo or anyone else in the pack and most importantly, he needed to understand the seriousness of the situation we've found ourselves in.

Romello is a healer and from what I've read about Moon blessed wolves, what history has shown us and from what Lunos Patton and his mates explained, this indeed was incredibly serious.

I couldn't risk anyone finding out what my mate was an risking his safety and his life all for the sake of him wanting to come out of the packhouse.

Sometimes it's ok to stay inside. I know he doesn't understand everything but if he would have just tried to listen, I would have explained how anxious this was all making me. Instead he fought me, questioned me and then Gemini took control like the unhinged bastard that he is and here we are.

No, I didn't like what my wolf did. I never want to force myself on my mate like that, I never want him to fear me or prefer Enzo's company over mine but when it comes down to his safety, I will do whatever is necessary to make sure he's okay.

And if that means locking Romello inside the packhouse and getting a little rough with the way I speak to him or actually allow Gemini to take control to flick some sense into him, than so be it.

I just hope Mell will forgive me soon but right now I had another serious matter to deal with at my borders.

Pulling off to the side of my gates at the western entrance, I get out of my car to a scene that surely would erupt into absolute chaos if I didn't intervene soon.

The alarm was sounding, signaling a suspicious character at the gates and not only that, but a dangerous suspicious character.

I had warrior wolves snapping and snarling at the unopened gates and trying to claw their way up to the ten foot concrete walls. My Gammas, Ryker and Bryce alongside my warrior lead, Bray were trying to calm the rest of the warriors down.

The guards in the towers were on the radios, their voices yelling over one another, so I was unable to make up what they were saying.

The pack link was going haywire and Gemini was practically clawing at the walls of my mind to get everyone silenced.

Enzo' sister and Bryce's mate, Sienna, her mother Kora and Mell's mother, Ava were rushing to get the shewolves and pups away from the gates and off to the underground bunkers.

My pack doctor and Enzo and Sienna's father, Mathias and Mell's father, Mathias were rushing towards the gates, bumping past me in the process, while loading the heavy tranquilizers.

I could feel my phone vibrating like crazy in my pocket. Pulling it out, I see a group call trying to come in. No doubt it was about Kash, Chase and Reece calling to ask if I needed the Tri-Squad here at my pack.

With all this shit, I blink, confused with what's actually happening. It had to be something truly fucking serious for all this chaos and nobody had thought to link me or alert me to any of this?!

Jogging over to Ryker, I grab his shoulder and he startles, turning around to see me. "What the hell is going on?"

Ryker scoffs at that. "Didn't Beta Enzo tell you?"

I shake my head. "No, he didn't go into detail. I'm assuming because Mell was there. All he said was there was an issue at the borders and I needed to get here, but he didn't say anything about this shit."