Chapter 12

TITUS ||

After dropping Malachi, Evelyn and Romello back off at their house, Enzo and I head to the clearing outside of our Conference Hall - prepared to hold our pack meeting.

I allowed Enzo to lead the meeting as my mind was elsewhere. Noticing the look on Romello's face when Gemini came forward and pretty much scolded him for speaking his mind, my heart sank when I saw the sadness in his eyes.

I hadn't intended to come off so harsh and Goddess knows that I don't have the best hold on my wolf, but even with that - it wasn't intentional.

"I didn't mean to scare him, I just didn't like that his wolf feared for his safety." - Gemini growls, baring his canines and I raise a questioning brow at him.

"Don't take your anger out on me, asshole, you're the one that pretty much threatened him." - I growl back, trying to shove the fucker behind the wall that I was trying to put up.

"I didn't threaten him." - Gemini's anger shining through yet again as he stalled back towards the front of my mind and I scoff.

"Yes the fuck you did and all because you felt some type of way about his wolf being scared? Had you ever thought about the fact that this is their first time in a wolf pack and his wolf might actually be scared of that?" - I challenge and he growls again, swishing his tail as he turns around and retreats into the shadows.

Big fucking brute.

My first actual day with my mate and my wolf hurts his feelings before I could even learn his favorite color.

Sitting here listening to Enzo bring the pack meeting to a close, I notice Ryker running to join the meeting as he was late because of warriors training and my mind wanders back to a few moments ago as my mate watched our training.

Romello's interest in our warriors training hadn't gone unnoticed - both Enzo and I saw the glimmer of excitement in his eyes and the way that his body seemed to vibrate as he watched our warriors train.

Maybe Bryce's suggestion in Romello joining the Tri Squad could actually be a really good idea and the offer of said idea coming from me might help in gaining my mate's favor again.

"Ok, so that's it for today," Enzo's voice booming across the area that our entire pack had gathered for our meeting. "Alpha Titus and I will be checking in with you all tomorrow morning during the next pack meeting, so until then, you all are dismissed and try to have a great day."

"Yes, Beta." The pack replies as they all disperse to get their daily tasks done and I watch Enzo step down from the platformed stone.

"Should we go check on Mell and his parents?" He asks, gesturing in the direction of their house. "We have to assign a pack member to each of them that will responsible for their first few weeks in the pack anyways."

I nod, getting up from one of the stones that I was sitting on then stretching my back. "Yeah, but I'm going to dismiss Mell and his parents of their duties for the next few days."

Enzo looks confused at my statement. "Malachi and Evelyn said that they didn't want to be excused from their duties, that they were itching to get started."

I groan, having forgot about them saying that. "Ok, well we can pair Malachi up with Mathias as they both will be working in the pack hospital and then we can pair Evelyn up with Sydney since she's going to be working in the pack high school."

Enzo nods before looking confused again. "And what about Mell? Who is he getting paired with?"

"Bryce." The answer comes out so fast, I almost startled myself with it, but now that I think about it, this would be the best thing for my mate.