Chapter 6

TITUS ||

Dr. Hall's smirk widens into a smile as he now realizes that I'm the one who's looking for his mate, the one who almost tore down his hospital. "Congratulations, tell me how I can help, Alpha. . ."

He trails off, I'm assuming waiting for my response, so I give it. "Titus."

"Alpha Titus," He nods happily. "And have you any idea of who your mate is?"

I shake my head. "No, I just know that my mate's scent is all over my pack members," I pause to sniff the air and then narrow my eyes. "And you."

Dr. Hall chuckles, a light hearted sound. "Are you sure about that? Because I can assure you that the only person that's come into contact with myself as well as your pack members is. . ." Trailing off, his eyes widen as a frown now takes over that smug smile.

"Are you sure about this?" He asks after a few moments of silence and I nod, just once, a sharp indication that I was absolutely positive that he knows who my mate is.

Dr. Hall's eyes then travel to Bryce and Sienna who nod as well.

"Alpha Titus practically ripped us apart when he caught whiff of Mell's scent." Sienna replies, breaking the silence to which Dr. Hall clears his throat.

"Mell hasn't been around other wolves, he was raised around humans for his safety, so this will come as quite the shock, he doesn't know much about our kind as he refuses to listen to my lessons, so I'm not entirely sure that meeting him at this time while you're so riled up, would be a good idea." Dr. Hall responds and my brows furrow.

Trying to understand how a wolf could know that they're a wolf but not be around many wolves, not even want to learn about us.

I mean if they grew up in a human community like Mell has, than I could see how that could be confusing but still - not wanting to know about our kind was pretty offensive.

Lifting my head again, my gaze travels from the floor back to Dr. Hall as I nod, hearing the chuckling of my pack members, I look around the room and growl, not seeing the amusement in the current situation.

"What?" I question, quite irritated.

"Did you hear what Dr. Hall just said, Alpha?" Bryce smirks as he raises his eyebrows in question.

I nod. "Yeah, I'm sitting right here, I heard him. Mell hasn't been around other wolves and has chosen not to learn about our kind."

"Yeah," Ryker nods, a goofy grin on his face. "And that he would have a hard time with meeting you because of it."

My irritation now morphing into confusion as I blink once, twice - mouth slowly falling open as his words take root.

Did Ryker just say he?

As in a male?

Looking back to Dr. Hall, I growl when I see the same goofy grin on his face. "Your pup's name is Mell, correct?" I ask, trying to clarify if I heard that right.

Dr. Hall nods, a chuckle escaping him. "Yes and that's short for Romello."

Aww shit.

"Nope, hell no. I'm not sucking no dick." - Gemini growls, his head shaking as he backs up into the shadows.

There has to be some kind of mistake here.

"I must have gotten it wrong," I whisper more to myself than anyone else, even though we all knew that a wolf never mistakes his mate's scent for anything other than what it is.

Suddenly, Enzo's words earlier force their way back into my mind, his attempt at a joke, calling me out on what I would if my mate was a man.

But my mate couldn't be a man - I mean, I wouldn't reject him if he was as I would love him just like I love a female but fuck, this is going to be awkward as shit.