Chapter 32

ENZO ||

Things weren't going as I'd planned. This whole thing was getting out of hand and I wasn't sure how it was going to end. Titus was pissed. Gemini was even worse and now Mell has made the sticky situation between the three of us even worse.

"Ow!" I growl, jerking away from Mell's fussing hands and grabbing my side.

"Sorry." He whispers, grimacing at the pain he'd caused me before his hands come towards me again.

I nip at his fingers and he pulls them back with a startled laugh. One that makes my heart soar.

"Don't you bite me, jerk!" Mell commands gently, pushing his arms out but I battle it with my own.

I've been teaching him to harness his power and it's adorable that he thinks he can use it on me. He's not that strong yet.

"He will be one day and then this is going to come and bite you back in the butt." — Kraven huffs, tail wagging when I give him a little pet.

Yeah, I considered that. When Romello is strong enough, his power would rival mine and Titus. I don't know if Titus could feel it or not, but Romello is more potent than he is and that power is going to come out one day and knock everyone off their feet.

"You know one day I'll beat you," Mell winks, hands still working to hold my skin together on my ribs so that I could heal.

"I'm counting on it, pup." I tell him and he growls at me, flicking my skin and making me hiss.

"I hate when you call me that."

I smirk. "Well it's true."

Romello rolls his eyes. "I'm 25 years old. I'm not a pup."

"And I'm 32," I counter with a growing grin when Mell scowls. "So to me, you're still a pup."

"Whatever." He grumbles, a smile creeping onto his face as his eyes stay glued to the skin over my ribs.

I chuckle, feeling the need between us. It was something I could never act on. I wasn't a stupid man.

Romello was mine just as much as Titus was but Shiro hadn't admitted that to him. . . and for good reason too.

With the way things were going between the three of us, that would be a disaster if Romello or Titus found out who we all were to each other.

When I hear footsteps coming down the hallway, my smile fades. Growling more to myself, I gently remove Mell's hands from my body and wait for Titus to approach my bedroom door.

"Come in." I call out, hearing his knock and when he opens the door, Mell turns around and growls at him.

Titus raises a brow at that. Mate or not, he was still the Alpha and Mell couldn't act this way. No matter how pissed he was with Titus.

"Where's Sebastian?" I ask, trying to draw his attention to me instead of Mell's upturned lip.

It takes a great deal of strength but Titus finally looks at me and says, "He's in one of the spare rooms on the second floor. I'll be getting it ready for him a little later. Right now he needs rest."

That was good. I may not be too fond of the pup yet and my spirit wasn't settled with him here, but I don't say anything about it. There was just something I didn't trust about his sudden appearance and the knowledge of the situation.

Why would this Alpha and Boss just drop him here, knowing he had all of this information on them? Especially if they've done so much to stay inconspicuous. It was strange. Very strange.