Chapter 28

ROMELLO ||

Last night was rough and I didn't know where Enzo had gone to. I could feel that he was still in the packhouse but he hadn't come to bed in Titus' room like the other nights, so I was worried.

Especially after getting his entire side ripped to shreds by Gemini and the fact that Titus' worry through the bond was getting to me too, I hadn't slept a wink.

Sighing after awhile of just staring at the ceiling, I decide to roll over and occupy myself with Titus' unruly morning hair.

It was funny to see him so unkept because he usually looked so put together, but right now, in the comfort of his home and in bed with me, he just looked like any other normal person who didn't have a care in the world.

"Except for his breath. He needs to have a care about that breath because whoa." — Shiro states, growling as he rolls over.

Snorting at him, I run my fingers through Titus' silky black hair that was laid wildly across his face and he starts to stir.

I pull my hand away and hold my breath, wondering if he was going to wake up fully or not but seconds later he grabs me around the waist and pulls me into him, my nose nestled up against his nose.

My hand goes up to his jaw and I start to rub it where his stubble had started to grow back as he growls at my touch.

Titus was so cute and calm in his sleep, it was such a full 180 from what I was starting to notice was his true self. I wasn't sure if it was just the way he was or if the stressors of running an entire pack, warrior squad or dealing with the weird stuff that's been going on around here, but he's become a lot more tense.

. . . And I wasn't sure if I liked that.

Titus pulls me closer, shoving his face into the crook of my neck, taking a deep breath and I twist a little at the tickle of his beard.

"Mine." He growls.

"You're possessive." I chuckle softly.

"What?" Titus groans and I snort at him.

"You're possessive." I say, smiling and Titus pulls back from me to look into my eyes before he kisses me softly.

"I'm sorry." He mumbles against my lips and I smile again. His mood swings give me whiplash.

We lay here like this for a little while. Titus cradling my body against his and me, kind of just awkwardly laying here because my mind was still raving about so many other things.

Where's Enzo? Is he ok? What are my parents doing? Where are those other men we met and the one that's a Healer? How the heck am I Healer and my parents aren't? Why did Gemini get so angry? If Enzo hadn't stepped in, would Gemini have attacked me instead?

"When can I go home?" I blurt out, looking at Titus as he carefully opens his eyes.

I frown a little just as there was a knock on the bedroom door and Titus yells out, "You have a key, Enzo, you don't have to knock! Just open the door!"

I groan when Titus sits up on the bed, pulling me with him. I hear a key in the door and seconds later, Enzo walks in with a smile that I can't help but return.

"Goodmorning, Mell," He bows his head respectfully and my smile widens at just the sight of a healthy and happy Enzo. "Titus, there's an issue at the border."

"What?" Titus asks, unwrapping himself from around me. "Who's on gate duty today?"

"Ryker, Bray and Bryce." Enzo answers.

"Why didn't they link me?" Titus growls, standing up from the bed, completely naked and walking into his closet to grab some clothes.

Enzo sighs. "I told them not to bother you because of the obvious," he nods towards me and I was taken aback by that. What did that even mean? "Do you need me to take care of it?"