Chapter 16

ROMELLO ||

My first week in a wolf pack and I get a crush on the Alpha, the Beta seems like he hates me, they both fight over who's shirt I should wear, their scents drive me nuts, I find out male wolves can get pregnant, I train with half the pack, almost get killed by some floosey chick that clearly has a crush on the Alpha too and now I'm laid up in a hospital with my leg halfway mangled and halfway healed.

Goddess almighty. . . This is a nightmare.

And what's even weirder is now Alpha Titus is sitting next to my hospital bed, holding my hand with bloody knuckles while he's sleeping, his touch making those same sparkly tingles dance across my flesh and Beta Enzo is on the other side of my bed, staring at me with some kind of emotion behind his eyes that I couldn't figure out for the life of me.

I keep sending random glances his way, hoping that he wasn't still staring but nope - it's been two hours and he's still staring.

Occasionally he would smile softly and then his eyes would flicker to his wolf but other than that, it was just this really intense, loving kind of stare which made me so uncomfy.

And even though Beta Enzo's stares and Alpha Titus holding my hand in his sleep made apart of me uncomfy, there was another part of me that really, really liked it.

Shiro did too.

Their scents - that fresh rain of Beta Enzo's essence mixed with pinecones of Alpha Titus' essence was like taking a relaxing hike through the forest after a long day of work.

They always seemed so good, so. . . right.

It was so weird. The humans never smelled like this to me and the other wolves in this pack didn't smell like this either but the scents of these two men were driving me crazy - like literally crazy, everytime they're around, I can't get my penis to stop acting a fool.

Little Romello has a mind of his own when these men are around and I literally have no control over it.

Like now, as Beta Enzo continues to stare at me with those weird, loving almond brown eyes and the way that he wore his jet black hair slick back so that all of his features were more prominent and then when he would smile a little bit whenever I passed a glance his way - it was doing something to me.

And I didn't want it to stop.

I found myself not looking away this time like all of the other times and I inhale a sharp breath as Beta Enzo slightly narrow his eyes, his head tilting to one side as he studies me.

"I never noticed that before." When he finally does speak, I jump a little because I definitely wasn't expecting that, I thought he was just going to stare at me like a total creeper forever.

So I was taken aback and I frown a little. "You never noticed what before?"

Then Beta Enzo releases a long, deep breath through his nose. "You have specks of gold swirling around those forest green eyes."

My eyes widen just a tad at his admission of what his staring was actually about or what I assumed his staring was actually about.

And I swallow because he had now inched a little closer to my hospital bed and no matter what I did, I couldn't remove my hand from Alpha Titus' to escape the way that both of their scents were making me feel right now.

"Your eyes are," Beta Enzo pauses as he sighs. "Alpha Titus and our pack are very lucky."

My frown comes back now as I was throughly confused by that. "What do you mean? Why would Alpha Titus and the pack be lucky because of the color of my eyes?"