Chapter 27

ROMELLO ||

I sat completely still, Titus' arms still wrapped around me tightly, his body laying next to me on my hospital bed as he held me close while everyone else spoke to these three new guys.

Alpha Xandar, Beta Logan and Lunos Patton — one of which is a Healer.

I've read about Healers in my Dad's history books and the things that they can do and the things that they couldn't do. . . like completely heal themselves.

I was so freaking nervous that I would be one of those Moon blessed wolves because Dad always told me that I was special and because of my specialness, I had a knack for medicine and caring for others.

Now it seems like the nightmares are never ending.

Ever since Titus found me, my life has turned completely upside down and now, I have to deal with this terrifying reality.

"This is what I was trying to protect you from, Mell and I'm sorry I didn't tell you before." — Shiro whispers, ears flat against his head.

I don't respond to him because why should I? This is definitely something that he should have told me, no matter how he tries to flip it. This was wrong of him to keep from me. Dead wrong.

"Ok, I get it, Mell. I was wrong and I'm sorry but I couldn't just right out with this information. If I did, you might have done something that could get us hurt." — Shiro pleads but I ignore him at this point.

Nothing he just said made sense. It would have made a lot more sense if he would told me so that we didn't do anything to get ourselves hurt.

This was so stupid.

"We need to get the fuck out of here," Titus announces, having gotten fed up with something that was said in the conversation that I hadn't heard because I was zoned out. "Enzo, grab Mell's bag and let's go."

With that, Titus slides off the hospital bed, pulling me with him and much to my annoyance, he didn't allow me to stand on my own two feet. Instead he picks me up bridal style and carries me towards the door.

"Malachi, Mathias," Titus calls over his shoulder. "I'll come and talk to both of you in a few hours. Can you please get Alpha Xandar, Beta Logan and Lunos Payton settled into an empty house here in the pack and I'll meet with them later too."

"Yes Alpha," I hear Mathias and my Dad answer back in unison before Titus carries me out of the room with Enzo right behind us.

Enzo presses the button for the elevator and we all wait impatiently for it to come. Time ticks by at the speed of a snail's race but the moment I hear the ding of the elevator, I exhale sharply.

We load into the elevator and head down to the parking garage. Then get into Titus' car and head back to the packhouse.

Titus hadn't spoken a single word the entire time despite Enzo trying to ask questions. I wondered if he could feel my emotions as strongly as I could feel his.

The weirdness of his rage seemed misplaced and I couldn't help wondering why he and Gemini were so angry. I mean it wasn't like any of us knew about this, well nobody besides Shiro.

So if Titus and Gemini were going to be upset about anyone doing something wrong, it should be Shiro.

Parking in the driveway of the packhouse, Titus turns off the car and then looks to Enzo who hops out on a limped leg, grabbing my bag and walking inside, leaving me to deal with Titus.

He turns his lip up as a growl escapes him. "Did you know what you were?"

I shake my head, taken back by his sudden anger that seemed to be pointed at me. "No, I swear, I didn't."