Chapter 2

ROMELLO ||

Today has been a really rough day at the hospital for me. I had already lost control of myself and ended up puncturing a patient's IV bag with my claws when my Dad startled me and canines had slipped out just at the excitement of lunchtime coming up.

It was so terrifying that I had to throw on a mask so that nobody would be able to see the foolery happening with me today.

Something was up, I just couldn't hide myself very well and I couldn't for the life of me figure out what was going on.

It was like my body was hot and I felt like my heart was being pulled out of my chest, my claws and canines slipping out at the slightest peak of emotion - there was definitely something going on with me and according to my Dad, it was just the effects of the full moon approaching.

I'm a freaking werewolf in my fourth year of medical school working in a human hospital - craziness but control was something that I had to maintain if I wanted to keep doing my job and I did want to do that because I absolutely love my job.

"Come on, Mell, get it together." I whisper to myself, trying to shake off my anxiety ridden thoughts.

"It might be better if we take the rest of the day off, Mello." - My wolf, Shiro suggests and I mentally shake my head at him.

"You know we can't do that, Shi, it's only two weeks until we're finally done with medical school. I can't miss a single day plus Dad is watching us super closely." - I sigh, trying to reassure him that I was fine.

"You know that Dad would tell you the same thing."

Rolling my eyes, I startle when I see my patient's hand in front of my face, fingers snapping.

"Umm, hello," She scoffs. "Can I get some apple juice? I've asked you like three times."

Pulling myself back to reality, I sigh, realizing that I'm still in the room with the last patient of the day, so I look down at her, apologetically.

I was super embarrassed that I was caught arguing with my wolf in front of her.

"Of course," I nod quickly. "I'm so sorry, I will get that for you right now."

Nodding again, I walk hastily out of her hospital room and towards the patient snack area, grabbing an apple juice from the fridge and going back into her room. When I return, she has a weird look on her face and when I hand her the Apple juice that she asked for, she narrows her eyes at me.

"Is everything alright?" I ask, checking one of the machines beside her bed.

"Do you always just stare off into space and talk to yourself? Because if so, I'm going to need another nurse or doctor or whatever." My patient announces and I look at her, shocked.

"Umm, I'm sorry I'm not sure what you mean." I feign innocence.

"Oh I think you know exactly what I mean," she nods, full of attitude. "You were standing right in front of my bed, staring off into space, talking to yourself and your eyes kept flickering different colors, that's creepy as hell and I'm asking for another Doctor."

Shoot, had I really been talking out loud instead of speaking directly to my wolf?

I shake my head and sigh. "Ms. Nelton, I'm perfectly fine. I can assure -"

"No you're not," She interrupts, raising one of her fat, piggy fingers in the air. "You're creepy and I'm requesting another doctor." She states, pressing the call button on her remote before speaking to the nurse that answered at the Nurse's station to send a new nurse.