Chapter 9

ENZO ||

Eleven years ago

My sister, Sienna and her bestfriend, Bryce had blindfolded me before dragging me out of the packhouse - much to my dismay, however I allowed the nonsense of their antics because of what this day meant.

Today being my 18th birthday, I was sure that the pack had thrown a surprise party for me. That was the only reasonable solution to being blindfolded and guided through the forest right now.

I was kind of bummed that my bestfriend, Titus hadn't been there when I woke up. Usually I would hold him through his night terrors because over the years, they had gotten so bad that I had taken up to sleeping in his room every night.

Titus didn't mind - seeing how we have been inseparable since we were in diapers.

Literally, we've been joined at the hip ever since. The man is literally my better half, well other than my wolf, Kraven. He's been there for me like nobody else has even attempted and I've tried to do the same for him.

Our friendship, our brotherhood was the most important thing in the world to me - next to my family and becoming Beta of my pack.

Titus took over as Alpha about two years ago after killing his father, Vice, our previous Alpha. I helped him bury his father's body the same night when he linked me telling me what he'd done. I never judged me for it, nobody in the pack did really - his father was a prick, ran the pack with a iron fist and lived in the stone ages as far as rules and training went.

Vice wouldn't even let women train when he was Alpha, much less pups younger than sixteen which was just dumb as all shit. Everyone in the pack once shifted, needed to know how to fight to defend ourselves in case an attack happened but Alpha Vice never allowed it.

Not to mention the abusive nature of the old man. Sure he was strict as all hell to the pack members but the way that he abused Titus and his mother, killing her right in front of Titus when he was only eleven and then taking out his frustrations on my bestfriend because he felt inadequate or something - was such bullshit.

That's why Titus is the way he is now.

Hardly smiles, I don't even think he remembers how to as he hadn't smiled since the day that his mother died. He tries to have fun but barely laughs, the most you might get out of him is a chuckle and he tries his hardest to control his wolf, Gemini - Titus doesn't want to succumb to his wolf like his father and grandfather did.

The Black bloodline has been cursed by the Moon Goddess herself for defying her wishes many, many moons ago and now the curse continues with Titus being unblessed with Gemini for a beast.

Despite all that he's been through and everything that deals with, he still tries his hardest to be the best Alpha that our pack has ever seen and personally I think that he's doing a great job.

Titus is turning 18 tomorrow - I had prayed that his birthday somehow would move one day up, so that we could share that day but the Moon Goddess said that was too much like perfection, so she made us one day apart.

I loved watching him lead - the man was beyond sexy, tried to have the patience of a saint, loved everyone and don't even get me started on the way he fights. Like seriously, just thinking about the way his muscles tense and the way his sweats drips down his back -

"Enzo!" My little sister, Sienna yells out for me, startling me as her high pitch shriek successfully pulls me out of my daydream.

To say that I was annoyed was an understatement,  I wanted to at least be able to fantasize about the man before I found my mate.