Chapter 24: Nico

NICHOLAS

"LAYTINA, kumain ka n--" I stopped calling her when I saw her lying on the bed, snoring softly.

Approaching her, I covered her with a blanket. I was about to leave when I noticed her forehead. I flicked it earlier.

I leaned in and kissed her forehead before finally leaving the room.

When I returned, I saw Grandma cleaning up the dishes.

"'La, ako na d'yan." I said, but she shook her head and said she would do it.

"Sige, sabi n'yo e." walang paligoy-ligoy na sabi ko at nagtungo na sa kuwarto namin ni Laytina para kumuha ng tuwalya.

I quickly went to the bathroom to shower, then wrapped the towel around my waist and went out. I went back to our room and grabbed some clothes. Suddenly, I heard a sigh.

"K-Kuya Nico?"

"Oh? Did I wake you up?"

"H-Hindi naman. Naalimpungatan lang ako." she said, so I looked at her curiously.

She was facing away from me, covered with a blanket. What's wrong with her again?

"Tsk."

I just ignored her and continued dressing. I wore a black pajama set. Then I sat on the edge of my bed and grabbed my phone from the drawer.

I frowned when I saw a message from an unknown number. I tapped on it and read.

From: +63912******2

Hoy, payag na ako nina Mama!

I furrowed my brows again and quickly deleted the message. I threw my phone on the bed and stood up. I approached Laytina, who was starting to snore again.

I looked at her, her mouth slightly open. I chuckled and sat beside her. I gently pinched her cheek and lay down beside her.

Kung sana na lang.....

Suddenly, the scenario where I saw Laytina being escorted by a guy into our house flashed back.

Flashback

The night was getting late, and Laytina still hadn't returned from school.

I was starting to worry because she had never been late coming home from school, unless she was staying over at her friend's house.

I called her phone number and waited for her to answer. But minutes passed, and she didn't pick up my call. I also texted her and waited for a reply, but an hour passed without her responding.

I went out of our house, hoping she would arrive.

I wasn't disappointed because after thirty minutes, she arrived in a black car.

She was being escorted by a guy who looked about my age. I immediately approached them and pulled Laytina away from him.

"What the f*ck happened to her?" I asked angrily, glaring at the guy.

"Why? Didn't she tell you?" the guy asked back, so I gave him an even angrier look.

"It's none of your business. Sagutin mo na lang ang tanong ko kung ayaw mong tumama itong kamao ko d'yan sa mukha mo." inis ko pa ring sabi at binuhat si Laytina.

The f*ck?! Is she drunk? Who told her to drink?

"Hmm? K-Kuya?" she slurred, so I gave her a glare before looking back at the guy.