23. surprise

Subham, often called Mrinal and recently he observed that for the past half a month Mrinal's voice always sounded exhausted.

Upon asking Subham would always get an answer that 'I'm tired because of studying too much for the board exams' but Subham knew that he was physically exhausted nothing like being mentally exhausted.

Subham decides to pay more attention to him. However, his plan was interrupted as he was recommended as a volunteer for the upcoming National Cultural Day celebration in the institution. 

Subham previously participated in the qualification competition, Since 'Subham' used to participate in such things.

So, when the whole campus was huddled under the blanket in the winter Subham, some teachers and volunteers were busy running for the preparation. 

There were 16 universities and 18 affiliated junior colleges invited with their selected student.

Subham was in charge of guiding some of them to their accommodation. 

Finally, after completing his tasks, Subham went to have lunch. 

"Are you tired?" Raghav asked looking at Subham who had been busy for a while.

"Not that much. It's the people who want me to wait on them like a hotel staff. Anyway, I have completed my work." Subham replied as he ate his food.

"All the best brother for the competition!" Subham's friend cheered

"Thank you." Subham smiled, being cheered for such a small thing was embarrassing but also refreshing.

As usual, the cafeteria was packed with students chattering nonstop. 

However, today the cafeteria suddenly went quiet. Subham didn't pay much attention as the noise resumed but this time in suppressed whisper of the students.

Subham hadn't finished eating when he was tapped on his shoulder from behind.

Subham looked up as all eyes were focused in his direction.

When he looked behind, he found Mrinal standing there, in his white winter jacket.

Mrinal appeared like a cute cat under the moonlight with the power of a thousand suns in his smiley eyes. 

Subham felt a mix of strange emotions like happiness, ecstasy, and excitement. Like the time when your wishes are instantly granted. 

"Mimi? Are you here for the competitions? Why didn't you tell me beforehand?" Subham asked with a surprised expression but happy.

"Are you surprised?" Mrinal asked as he giggled.

"Yes! Very much so," Subham replied immediately. 

"Have you eaten yet? Or sit down I'll bring the lunch here." Subham said as he was about to get up.

Mrinal hurriedly stopped Subham, "Husband don't! I haven't told my teacher yet they are lining up now, I'll go back otherwise I'll get scolded for sneaking away." 

"Okay, go back quickly." Subham agreed as at this point all the students were staring at him and Mrinal.

Well, Twins and women are so rare in this institution that it's understandable why everyone is paying so much attention.

"Should I bring your lunch here wife?" Devdutta imitated Subham's tome exaggeratedly and Kartik followed, "No, husband don't!"

"Shut up!" Subham lowered his voice as he gave them a warning look.

"Don't be angry, isn't it you who is refusing to agree that you are obsessed with your wife like a maniac whereas your action completely confirms it,"  Devdutta asked jokingly.